Volume 3, Ch. 3: Learning Lessons {🍋}

~Amity Colosseum~
*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

Today was the day for the double matches to commence, and as usual, NMDY, SPRD, and myself were mainly doing security for the tournament, and for the first doubles match, it was Emerald and Mercury from Haven against Coco and Yatsuhashi of Beacon.

"This oughtta be a good match." I thought to myself as I watched with everyone else.

*Narrator POV*

The arena soon blends with several holographic roulettes going off choosing the scene of the match. On one side, we find the grinning pair, Emerald Sustrai and Mercury Black, and the other side with a confident Coco Adel and a meditating Yatsuhashi Daichi.

"Emerald and Mercury of Haven!" Professor Port calls out via speaker.

"Versus Coco and Yatsuhashi of Beacon!' Jacob follows after Professor Port. Meanwhile, both Velvet and Fox watch from the stands and cheer for their teammates.

"Good luck you two!" Velvet cheers for her team while the holographic roulettes stop spinning and four sections of the arena change: one quarter being a patch of tall grassy plains with a single tree and several rocks; ruins of a city, complete with shattered windows and rubble among the pavement; a hot spring containing geyser spots along a small river with several blue Dust growths; and a familiar section of dense forest. The two teams took the remaining time to size each other up.

"Hey," Coco first speaks as she lowers her shades and looks at Emerald's outfit. "Love the outfit, kid."

"I'll try not to get blood on it." Emerald replies as Yatsuhashi stands and removes Fulcrum from its holster.

"I can't promise you'll leave without a scratch." Yatsuhashi relies back after letting out a heavy sigh.

"I won't be the one bleeding." Emerald fires back while stretching her arm out.

"Oooh. I like her." Coco compliments Emerald's comeback as the Professors count down.

"THREE!" Professor Port begins the countdown.

"TWO!" Dr. Oobleck follows in order.

"ONE!" Jacob follows in suit.

"BEGIN!" Zaheed ends the countdown with a buzzer. Without a frontal confrontation right away, both Emerald and Mercury slowly back into the tall grassy plains and slowly disappear into the grass. This causes both Yatsuhashi and Coco to smile before Coco summons out Gianduja, in gatling gun form, and begins mowing down the tall grass as many sunglass/beret-wearing fans roar their approval, even when her bullets hit her side of the forcefield.

"Keelah, they are rather loud cheering for Coco." Tali speaks while rubbing her helmet.

"They're loud, but not Krogan loud." Grunt commented the loudness of the cheering.

"Please, let's not have a shouting contest." (Y/N) spoke his disapproval of the idea Grunt was suggesting. Back with the match, Coco has all the grass mowed down only to find that their opponents were nowhere in sight causing them to be confused and surprised.

"Huh?" Coco expressed her confusion.

"LOOK OUT!" Blake shouts to Coco and Yatsuhashi form the stands with RWBY. From above, Mercury drops down as he aims to attack Coco, but she was pushed out of the way by Yatsuhashi as he blocked Mercury's attack and pushed him back. Now on the ground, Mercury runs around the battlefield while dodging Coco's bullets.

"Okay, lil pendejo isn't so bad." Vega spoke about Mercury dodging the bullets.

"True, but where's the girl? Emerald?" Miranda replied while everyone was searching for Emerald.