Volume 2, Ch. 10: Dance, Dance Infiltration

~Beacon Auditorium, Dance Night~
*Narrator POV*

Within the Beacon Auditorium during the night of the dance, we find many students, both Beacon and other academies, socializing with other students or with various Citadel species that joined the dance either for fun or as security. Over in a couple corners, Wrex and Professor Port talk about past glories including Wrex's Rite of Passage and his Thresher Maw kill and the other, both Oobleck and Mordin talk about their works and studies while intrigued with other matters. On the dancefloor, Shepard and Glynda share a slow dance with each other as next to them both Blake and (Y/N) share a dance and sharing a few kisses as they danced. Over at a table, Sun chats with both Vega and Zaheed. Moving over to the nearby punch bowl, both Ruby and Garrus, who had a glass of dextro-amino punch, stood by as they watched the dance go on. Jaune slides over with a glass for himself.

"I see you both are hiding by the punch bowls too." Jaune speaks to Ruby and Garrus.

"Yup." Ruby replies while popping on the "P."

"Yeah, not much for parties like this, but I enjoy relaxing before the big mission," Garrus agreed. "Especially when it was against the Reapers."

"Couldn't have been easy," Jaune added as Garrus agreed with a nod. Jaune leaned his glass over to the two. "To the socially awkward."

Ruby giggled as Garrus shared a chuckled. The three clinked glasses.

"So, didn't get a date, huh?" Garrus asked Jaune.

"Nah, it's hard for me," Jaune replied. "Plus, I'm not at everyone's level in combat or Aura."

"True, but I can see your improving better than before." Garrus complimented Jaune.

"Thanks, Garrus. You're a good friend." Jaune thanked him.

"Anytime, Jaune." Garrus replied to Jaune. The trio looked around as they saw (Y/N) and Weiss dancing around happily. Blake chatted with Liara, Tali, and Miranda. Juane noticed Pyrrha walking upstairs towards the balcony.

"Garrus, hold my punch." Jaune told Garrus as he hands the punch over to Garrus. He took the glass and Jaune walks out from view. Now it was Ruby and Garrus at the punch bowls as Ruby looks at the Turian.

"So... Any more stories about you and Big Brother?" Ruby asked Garrus.

"Hm... Let's see..." Garrus said while thinking of a moment until he got an idea. "Have I told you the time your brother and I, with Shepard, dealt with the orchestrator of the Skyllian Blitz?"

"Oh?" Ruby's interest piqued. All the while, Jaune was moving around the crowd on the dancefloor and followed Pyrrha up the stairs and found her at the balcony. Jaune came into view as he called her out.

"Hey, Pyrrha." Jaune called her out as she turns around and faced him.

"Hello Jaune." Pyrrha returned the greeting.

"You okay?" Juane approached and asked her.

"Hm? Oh yes, I'm fine." Pyrrha replied.

"Well... you look really nice." Jaune complimented Pyrrha.

"Thank you, Jaune." Pyrrha thanked him.

"(Y/N) isn't going to kill me for saying that, is he?" Jaune asked worried.

"You're safe for tonight," Pyrrha assured Jaune. "Time for a little payback... Actually, (Y/N) wasn't my date, but he did save me a dance, which was lovely."

"Wait, WHAT?!" Jaune spoke in surprise. "But how?!"

"Was a little late asking, but I did enjoy a dance with him," Pyrrha said. "And becoming one of his girlfriends too."