two.

Living a life where I grew up in my parents' shadows, I had never been one to expect very much from an engagement or even marriage in general. I never thought I'd find someone that I was genuinely interested in. I always assumed I'd be forced into an arranged marriage with someone that lived the same life I had been forced to live. Which would not include engagement photos.

"Babe, you almost ready?" Joe asks from the other room.

"She'll be ready in just a minute, I just need to touch up," Marilyn states as he turns the corner and peeks into the room.

"Another touch up?"

"Do you want photos to be flawless or not?" she asks, giving him a look.

Joe puts his hands up in defense, chuckling and walking back downstairs.

"There. Done." She smiles, taking a step back from me. Now, we need to just get you dressed."

"I'm pretty sure I can do that part," I tell her, grinning and getting off the chair before grabbing the dress and changing into it.

"You look gorgeous," she says once I exit the bathroom.

"Thank you," I smile at her, slipping on my shoes and walking down the stairs.

"Wow," Joe reacts before I can finish stepping off the last step.

"Stop," I roll my eyes.

He chuckles. "I can't help it. You look amazing."

"Thank you. Can we go get these over with now?"

He laughs. "I thought you wanted to get these done!"

"I do but I'm tired now."

It's his turn to roll his eyes and we both get into the car, Joe driving us to the remote location.

"This is really pretty," I say as we get out... in the middle of nowhere.

"I figured it was far enough out of the way no one would see us," he chuckles, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the photographer.

"Joe! Addison! Hi!"

"Hey man, what's up?" Joe says, shaking his hand.

"Missed you two! You're my favorite to shoot." He responds.

"You're totally just saying that" I joke.

"I'm really not," he says in the same tone, giving me a look.

I laugh lightly, allowing him to move on to some ideas he has and Joe agreeing. I simply wait to be told what to do, looking around our scenery and enjoying the quiet location.

A half hour and many poses later, Joe finally takes a step back from me, causing me to give him a look. "What are you doing?"

"Well, our engagement was sudden and unexpected, and you see when I proposed, I wasn't prepared."

"This is true," I agree, nodding.

"But I am now," he says, pulling a box out of his pocket.

"Joseph Adam," I start shaking my head.

He chuckles, opening the box to show a gorgeous ring.

"Joe," I gasp, covering my mouth. "It's beautiful."

"You like it?" he asks, squinting. "I know it's kind of a lot... that's not really your style."

"It's more than I could've imagined," I admit. "But I love it."