twenty four.

Pittsburgh. I've never really been interested in the area, but now being here it's kind of nice. Spending the earlier part of the day with him out and about in the area might've helped as well. Not being able to spend a lot of time with Joe lately has been a lot. It's given me plenty of time to write, which is going massively well, but I'm not sure the extra time to write has been worth the lack of intimacy with my husband. Granted, I knew what I was signing up for traveling alongside him on tour. I knew he'd be busy and working constantly. But I wish there was a bit more time for us to be us as well. Even on their nights off, they're doing something.

"What are you thinking about over there?"

One, two, three, four. My eyes blink heavily, my focus being brought to the man adjusting his outfit.

I put a small grin on my lips, shaking my head. "Nothing. Just thinking is all."

He narrows his eyes at me. "Addison."

"I don't know," I shrug, looking down at my fingers as I absentmindedly pick at my cuticles. "I just miss you."

There's a mild silence, neither of us speaking for a moment before Joe's hand covers mine stopping me from picking and causing me to jump slightly in surprise.

"Look at me," he says softly.

I do as he requests, my eyes matching his.

They're soft, guilt swirling around in them as he notices how much it's been bothering me. Instantly, I can't help but feel bad bringing it up. He's only working. I know that. Now he feels guilty when there's nothing he can do about it.

"Listen," he says, sighing. "I know that I'm working... a lot. And I know that I can get caught up in all that I have to do. But I don't want you sitting around feeling any sort of way. Do you just miss me or are you feeling like, a disconnect?" he asks nervously.

I shake my head. "No, no. It's not that I feel disconnected from you. I just feel like I don't know. I feel like I never see you. Like we're in the same place but we're not together. Does that make sense?"

He thinks for a second before swallowing. "Yes?"

I sigh. "I just... I mean, I guess it kind of is a disconnection. But more physically. Emotionally we're in the same place we've always been. I am so in love with you, and you are so in love with me. But I feel like," I sigh again, this time in frustration. "Intimacy."

He raises his eyebrows.

"I feel a lack of intimacy," I sigh. "And not just sex. This morning? This morning was perfect. Just us, holding hands walking around the city, spending time together. More of that. That's what I need. Even if it's only a few minutes. Small dates. Just us sitting for ten minutes and having a conversation. I just need- I need-" I stumble on my words, not being able to think straight enough for the sentence to put itself together.

"Quality time," he finishes for me, cupping my face in his hands to get me to focus on him yet again. "You need more quality time. Which is valid. Most of the time I'm doing things by the time you wake up and I get back to the hotel room when you're either asleep or half asleep. I understand that. Tell ya what, I'll talk to the guys, see if we can work out something where we each get some time each day to ourselves. How's that?"

I nod, my face still sitting in his hands. "Thank you."

He grins, pulling me closer and attaching our lips, a knock on the door immediately interrupting.

"10 minutes to stage!" is called from behind the door, leaving Joe to sigh.

"But hey, you're family is here tonight," Joe grins.