forty seven.

"Dada." Willa cries, yet again, lying in my arms in the glider but reaching for the door of her bedroom, refusing to go down for her first nap of the day, regardless of how tired she is.

"Baby, by the time you wake up from nap dada will be here," I tell her, sighing.

"Dada," she cries, letting out a wail, crying harder than before.

"Hey, hey, hey," I start, lifting her to try and get her to look at me, although she just leans backward, not allowing me to do so. "Willa, baby."

And this is why I'm glad we decided to travel with Joe instead of staying at home while he is on tour.

"Hey," I say yet again, gently lifting her and laying her head in the crook of my neck, rocking her gently. "Shh, shh," I continue, taking out my phone and beginning to play Hesitate, hoping Joe's voice will calm her enough to go to sleep.

"Dada," she whimpers into my neck, sniffling.

"I know baby, I know."

"Dada," she continues, over and over while she listens to the song, falling asleep by the end of it.

I sigh in relief, holding her in silence for a few moments, closing my eyes.

"Hey."

My eyes pop open, Joe standing in the doorway, grinning. My body relaxes and I let out another sigh, getting up and gently laying her in her crib before exiting the room with him.

"Hi," I breathe, wrapping my arms around him and melting as close as possible.

He chuckles. "Miss me?"

I hum in response.

"You seem tired."

"She hasn't slept," I sigh, looking up at him, my chin leaning against him to prop me up as I continue to stand in his arms.

He raises his eyebrows.

"I just got her to sleep five minutes ago after a half hour of fighting her with her screaming for you."

He frowns, his face turning sympathetic.

"I had to play hesitate to get her to calm down and even then, she fell asleep saying your name."

"I'm sorry, baby. I should've taken the flight last night, I was so tired. I didn't realize she was struggling so bad. Why didn't you tell me on the phone?"

"Cause I figured she'd be fine after the first night but she only got worse last night and by then I didn't want you to think it was an emergency. I had her, I'm just relieved your home now."

He nods, cupping my face in his hands. "I would've been here but I understand. Thank you for holding down the fort."

I grin up at him. "How was last nights show?"

He rubs my back as we continue to stand in the hall. "Good. Great. The energy was amazing. It feels good to be back on stage. Couldn't wait to come home though. It was weird not having you there."

I nod. "I know but Vegas and a baby. Not really ideal for me personally."

He chuckles, nodding. "Understandably so. Do you wanna take a nap, baby? I'll straighten up downstairs and get her up when she wakes. Spend some time with her."

I shake my head. "No, there's so much to do before we leave in a few days and I just wanna get it all done."

He shakes his head. "No, absolutely not. You are exhausted. We are going to go lay in bed because I knew better than to word it the way that I did. We are going to lay in bed and take a nap because that is the only way I'm going to get you to lay down and relax."