fifty.

I small gasp escapes my lips as I sit up quickly, Joe's arm draped over me as he lets out a groan.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"Where's Willa?" I ask, slightly panicked.

"With Jessica," he tells me groggily.

"What?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows at him though his head is buried in the pillows. "Why?"

"Because I asked her to watch her for the morning."

"Why would you-"

"I want to spend time with you," he says, turning over so we can make eye contact. "So I figured we could sleep in, go have breakfast somewhere together, and then come back around the time her nap is ending and spend the rest of the day with Willa."

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out due to the disbelief. "But Willa-"

"Will be perfectly fine with Jessica for the morning so we can spend time together for once," he says, lifting himself up to kiss my cheek. "Yes?"

"I-"

He continues, trailing soft kisses along my jawline and neck, ending at my shoulder.

I sigh. "I suppose so. It has been a while since we actually went out just the two of us."

"Mmhmm," he hums, setting his chin on my shoulder. "So, why don't you say we get up, get ready, and head out for some breakfast?"

"Okay," I sigh, giving in.

He smiles, kissing my cheek again.

I dress in a simple outfit of jeans and a top while Joe wears something casual and comfortable as well, the two of us sneaking out while Jessica has Willa distracted.

"Alright, let's find somewhere good around here," Joe says, letting out a breath once we're out of the hotel suite. "This says there's a really good diner." He continues after a moment, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Does that seem fitting for you?" I ask, laughing a little.

He grins. "I mean we have a chance to go out for once and there's a diner. We can't pass up the opportunity to be somewhat nostalgic."

I laugh at his enthusiasm, nodding. "Let's do it then."

He interlocks our fingers as we exit the hotel and start down the street, somehow without security, though I'm sure Joe made sure of it.

The clicks of cameras after a few moments grab my attention, though I pretend I don't notice, knowing Joe will probably become a bit upset if I mention it. Not only because he cares that it upsets me, but because it upsets him too.

"Stop it's so cute," I say as I notice the diner sign.

He chuckles in response as he opens the door, the smell of pancakes, bacon, and eggs immediately engulfing my nostrils... in the best way.

We're seated immediately and though the hostess as well as the waitress nearby definitely knew who they just saw, they try their best to keep it cool and not make it a huge deal, which is greatly appreciated. We quickly order our drinks and food, finding ourselves hungry and not wanting to waste any time. Though I feel like Joe has another idea of what he wants to do after breakfast considering it's only ten in the morning and Willa won't even go down for her nap for another two-ish hours.

"What else do you have planned?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him.

"What do you mean?" He asks, giving me a look.

"It's only ten. We have four hours, give or take before Willa wakes from her nap. It's not gonna take us four hours to eat breakfast."

He chuckles. "I sure hope not."