twelve.

"You're actually getting married."

"I'm actually getting married. Who would've thought, Hope?"

"Not me, that's for sure," she laughs.

"I gotta get ready to get off here, we're going to look at a few houses before we catch our flight to Jersey."

"You guys are house hunting already? I thought you were gonna wait till after the wedding?"

"We were, but with this whole band thing happening in March now, time's getting shorter and shorter, and we want to find a home we can stay in for a long time. Start our family in, even."

"Starting a family? You guys are already thinking about that?"

"Yeah, I mean, we weren't but it came up the other day and we haven't been able to stop talking about it."

"You've never wanted kids, Ads," Hope says, a bit weary.

"You're right, I never did. But my life is so different now. I didn't want kids because I didn't want to bring them into that shit hole of a life I used to live. But life is so good, and I can just see mini versions of Joe and I running around. I can't imagine it just being us forever. I feel like after Valentina and Alena, I couldn't just sit around with Joe and no kids for the rest of our lives."

"You have a good point. I know you never wanted kids because of the life you were living. It makes sense that you want them now. How many though?"

"That I'm not sure of yet, but at least two."

She laughs. "That's reasonable. I see you guys with a bunch of kids honestly, I feel like you're gonna be such a good mom."

"Let's not rush into it, though. I don't plan on having a baby for quite some time. Especially now that the Jonas Brothers are making a comeback and life's gonna be crazy for some time."

"That's smart. Keep that mindset."

"Hey babe, ready?" Joe asks, popping his head into the room.

I nod before turning my attention back to Hope. "Alright, Hope, I gotta go. We have house hunting to do."

"Kay, bye Ads."

"Bye."

Hopping off my bed, I walk out into the main part of the apartment, sliding my shoes on as Joe speaks up.

"Are you talking to your friends about us having kids?" he teases.

"I was talking to Hope about the fact that I decided I wanted kids, nothing more," I respond, sticking my tongue out at him.

He chuckles. "Hey, I like the fact that you're talking about it. It makes it real. Means you're serious about wanting them."

I smile. "Let's go, we're gonna be late," I tell him, petting Porky quickly and starting towards the door.

After going through two quick house tours, Joe and I rush off to the airport, taking the flight to Jersey before spending the next while in a car in silence, both of us tired from the traveling aspect of the day.

"I'm so excited for tomorrow!" Denise exclaims as we all sit around Kevin's living room, the house smelling like Thanksgiving prep and candles. The girls are in bed, and we all sit, sipping on glasses of wine or tea, chattering away while Dani and Denise help one another with the prep.

"Mom, it's just thanksgiving," Nick chuckles.

"Well, yes, but it's a bigger thanksgiving. All three of you boys have your wife or fiancé or girlfriend, and all of their families are going to be joining us as well. It's exciting. Our family is growing," she says, grinning from ear to ear.