fifty six.

"I don't know what to do," I groan, rubbing my hands over my face.

"Baby," Joe says. "Take a breath."

"Babe," I say, giving him a look. "I don't know what to do."

"I can just take her, it's not a problem," Joe says, shrugging.

"I want to come though," I sigh. "I wanna do the hike with you guys. I'm just afraid that we're gonna be photographed or something and then someone's going to notice my bump that decided to show up much earlier than the first time I was pregnant. We haven't even told our families yet, I don't want it to be photographed and then our families find out like that, and Nick and Pri. God, I don't want Nick and Pri to find out like that, they're already going through so much."

"Okay, okay, baby, listen," he says, rubbing my arms. "Why don't we do this? Why don't you wear one of the oversized hoodies and sweats? It'll hide the bump and it'll look like you're just trying to stay comfortable on our hike. No one would suspect anything. Plus, I'm wearing the same thing and I'm gonna put Willa in her sweat suit."

I sigh, nodding. "Okay, yeah, that's a good idea."

He chuckles, kissing my cheek and starting towards the closet. "You want your favorite one?"

"Yes, please."

Grabbing me the hoodie, he then leaves the room to get Willa ready and make sure we have everything we need for the time we'll be away from the house.

Taking a deep breath, I dress in the sweats and oversized hoodie before going downstairs and helping Joe gather everything before we head out of the house, arriving to the new hiking trail Joe wanted to check out, preparing ourselves as Joe wears Willa on his back, letting her look around as we make our way along the trail in silence, aside from her small voice.

"Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama."

"Willa. Willa. Willa. Willa." I respond here and there as she continues.

"Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama."

Joe chuckles. "What about dada?"

"Dada. Dada. Dada. Dada. Dada. Dada. Dada."

"Oh, now you've got her started," I laugh lightly.

He grins. "Willa. Willa. Willa. Willa."

"Dada. Dada. Dada. Dada...." She continues, on and on while the two of us laugh.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you..." Joe says, seemingly a little nervous.

"Yeah?"

He lets out a sigh. "Have you talked to Stella?"

I furrow my brows. "Like in general? Yeah, here and there."

"No, no. I mean, like, about all the worries you had at Willa's first birthday party. After you found out she was in Texas with Jaclyn instead of at the party..."

"Oh," I sigh, biting my lip. "No, I um, I never talked to her. I still worry about it. I think about it all the time and it's only gotten worse now that we're expecting a second baby, but I don't know. I feel like she may take it the wrong way."

He nods. "I was just curious."

"I mean, I think I should. I think especially now that we have another baby on the way, it's a conversation I need to have with her. Whether she takes it the wrong way or not, I'm simply looking out for the safety of my children."

"I agree," he nods. "It's not like you're accusing her of anything or trying to make her feel bad, you're trying to protect your children and there's nothing wrong with that."