sixty four.

As odd as it sounds, I know I've heard people say that the feeling is true, but I never thought I had more love in my heart. I thought all of it was for Willa and Joe. I had found myself worrying about whether or not I'd have enough for another baby... I mean, how could I possibly muster up any more love to give to another human being without taking away from either of them? Fear. It's the other thing that had been placed on my mind... and in my heart if I'm being honest. Fear for feeling the same way with the new baby as I did with Willa. A disconnection. A need for more. However... I didn't have time to think about any of that, honestly. Not with how chaotic my second labor ended up being. How quick It was, and how erratic I felt, I don't remember the majority of it, if I'm being honest. Just pure chaos, fear, and overall joy when finding out our sweet girl was out and healthy. Perfect.

"Are you ready, my love?" Joe asks, the car seat ready next to us on the floor.

I nod, reaching for his offered hand and standing up, letting out a small breath as I sit in the wheelchair the nurse has waiting for me. "You got her?"

"Yeah, I got her." Joe nods, grabbing her out of the bassinet she was sleeping in and buckling her into the car seat.

"All ready?" the nurse asks the both of us.

Joe starts to walk in front of us as she wheels me behind him, ready to get home to our other little princess.

Once we're downstairs, Joe puts the car seat in the car before helping me into the backseat next to it, rounding the car and getting into the driver's seat afterward. I notice him grin at me from the corner of my eye before he begins driving, though my sights stay on the little girl snuggled into her car seat, sleeping peacefully.

Before realizing, the car is in the driveway, Joe opening my car door for me and helping me out.

"Wait," I tell him, grabbing my phone and dialing Jessica's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, girl, where are you guys exactly?"

"The backyard," she says.

"Okay, I just wanted us to be able to get in before Willa saw us."

"Oh, okay!" she says. "She's so excited, she's been asking for you both."

"We've missed her too, we're going to the living room."

"Okay!"

We hang up and Joe grabs the car seat, the three of us walk inside and I settle on the couch before Joe takes the baby out, handing her to me.

"Alright, you good?"

"Can you just grab me more water?" I ask, gesturing to my cup.

He takes the cup, going over to the kitchen, and filling it before returning it to me.

"Okay, now I'm good," I tell him. "Go see our other little princess."

He grins, walks towards the back door, and opens it, quietly exiting into the backyard where I can see Jessica and Willa playing.

I watch as Willa giggles, a huge smile on her face as she runs across the yard to him after calling out his name, her arms raised in the air.

He picks her up, giving her a massive hug before she pulls away and I see the words leave her lips.

"Where mama?" she asks.

He answers her and before long, the two of them enter the house, Willa giggling.

"Mama!" she says.

"Hi princess," I greet her softly, a smile spreading across my lips.

"Baby!" she squeals, pointing to her little sister in my arms.