thirty eight.

"Home sweet home," Joe says, pulling into the garage, parking, and turning the car off before putting down the garage door.

A rush of air escapes my lips, a breath I didn't realize I was holding as I watched Willa the entire way, even though she slept the entire time.

Joe gets out of the car, letting out a breath.

"You're home," a voice says, making Joe turn to the door leading to the house from the garage, Nick standing there looking at him in shock. "You left them?"

Joe chuckles, shaking his head as he rounds the car to my side, opening the door as he answers. "Absolutely not."

"No fucking way," Nick says quietly, walking further into the garage after closing the door.

"You got it, baby?" Joe asks, taking my hand and helping me out of the car.

"Yeah, I'm good. Go get her."

"Well, let me get you out on your feet," he says, steadying me.

"I got her," Nick says, taking my hand and helping me stay steady.

"Thanks," I grin at him.

"I assume it was your idea to head home?" He asks.

I nod. "I did not want to be there. No complications, no reason to be there."

He laughs lightly again as Joe rounds the car, the car seat in his hand.

"Where we going?" Nick asks me, helping me up the stairs to the house.

"The couch. I have a donut pillow in the corner that I'm gonna have to sit on," I explain.

He nods in understanding, Joe taking the door from him as he helps me forward.

"What the hell are you doing home already?"

I take my eyes from the floor and up to Hope's, a small grin appearing on my lips. "I hate hospitals."

"You're insane," she says.

"Yeah, can you get the donut pillow in the far corner of the living room and put it on my spot on the couch?" I ask as we slowly move forward.

She nods, walking away. "Get up."

"What? Why?" Victoria asks.

"Because I need to sit," I speak up, Nick rounding the corner so I'm now in view.

"How are you home already?" Denise asks, shocked as she steps forward to take my other arm and help Nick.

"I hate hospitals, I had no complications. There was no reason for me to be there," I explain again, allowing them to help me sit.

Joe turns the corner next, car seat still in hand.

I hear Hope, Victoria, and Stella distinctively gasp, excited to say the least.

"Baby, do you want her?" Joe asks, raising his brows to me.

I sigh as I adjust myself, Nick and Denise once again sitting. "Um, you can let your mom hold her if you want."

"Are you sure?" Denise asks, raising her brows at me.

I nod. "Of course."

"What are you doing home already?"

I turn, noticing my parents stepping off the last step. "I didn't wanna be there and I didn't have to be."

"Oh, my goodness," my mom says, leaning over and kissing my temple. "Do you need anything?"