three.

"I never thought I'd be so nervous for anything in my life," I admit to Joe, tugging at my dress again.

He comes up behind me, hugging me from behind. "I know. But it'll be good. Everyone's gonna be ecstatic to see you." He pauses. "And you look amazing, stop second guessing your outfit choice."

I roll my eyes, turning to him. "Okay, we need to get going."

He nods, leaning down and kissing me before taking my hand and heading outside, towards the car.

I know we're going to have a good night. But we had decided to wait until the end of dinner to tell everyone about the engagement. It was safer that way. That way in case anyone has harsh feelings about it, we're about to separate for the night anyway so it won't be awkward. I have to admit it was my idea to wait till the end of the evening to tell everyone. My nerves getting the best of me, of course. The closer the evening came, the worse my anxiety got, and I needed to be in control of something. For me, that was the timeliness that we made our announcement.

"You're stuck in your head," Joe points out, squeezing my knee where his hand rests just as it always does.

"I told you I was nervous!" I defend myself.

He chuckles, grabbing my hand and kissing the back of it, leaving the conversation at that.

Arriving at the restaurant, Joe and I get out of our car and up to the hostess.

"Reservation?" she asks.

"Jonas, it's a large party, I think we're the last to arrive, actually." Joe tells her.

"Yes," she smiles. "Right this way."

Leading us to the table, Joe keeps my hand in his, squeezing it once again.

"Thank you," Joe says to the hostess as she takes us close enough, gesturing to the table.

We walk a few steps more before a small voice calls out.

"Addison!!"

Looking ahead, I watch as Alena hops out of her seat and runs over, hugging my legs.

"Hi," I smile, letting go of Joe's hand and giving her a hug.

"I missed you." She says.

"I missed you too." I tell her, before getting up as she twirls and runs back next to Dani.

"Hi everybody." Joe says, smiling nervously.

"Wow!" Kevin says, being the first to break the silence, getting up and walking over. "Wow it's so good to see you, you look great." He says, giving me a hug.

"Thank you," I tell him, letting go and also giving him a grateful look.

He nods and Dani's the next to give me a hug.

"I was worried we'd never see your face again," she says with a soft smile.

Joe and I sit, Joe addressing his parents, Nick, and Frankie.

"I know I didn't tell anyone she was coming, it was supposed to be a surprise, I'm sorry."

"No!" his mother says, almost as if he snapped her out of a zone. "I'm sorry," she looks to me. "It is so good to see you. I'm so glad to see you two together again. I was just taken off guard is all."

"Yeah, same here." Nick says. "I'm sorry if it came off as me not being glad you're here. We've all been telling Joe to get you back since everything happened."

"I haven't but I also didn't get to know you well," Frankie says, almost a joke.

I grin at all of them, and Kevin sr. finally speaks up as well. "We've all missed you Addison, how have you been?"