fifty nine.

"Willa, baby, we're almost there," I sigh, Willa's cries filling the car.

"Mommy! Mommy!" she screams.

"Willa," I try again, reaching back and offering my hand, feeling her slap at it. I retract my hand, close my eyes, and lean my head back, taking a few deep breaths.

"Mommy!" Willa screams, trying to wiggle her way out of the car seat. "Mommy!"

I feel the car slow before coming to a halt, my hand immediately reaching for the door handle, opening the door, getting out of the car as quickly as possible, being careful of my now bigger belly, and rounding to the other side. I swing open Willa's car door, her voice a whine rather than a screaming cry now that she can see me.

"Mommy," she whines.

"Hi, baby," I tell her, getting her out of the car seat and taking her into the house, Joe following closely behind and putting our suitcases in the laundry room. I crouch down, putting Willa on the floor only for her to go limp, starting to scream again.

"No," she screams, continuing to cry.

I sigh, gently setting her down on the floor to have her moment as I stand, moving into the kitchen and grabbing a glass of water, chugging it down quickly.

"You okay?" Joe asks, walking in.

I nod. "Yeah, these tantrums are getting worse."

"We need to figure out how we wanna handle them," Joe agrees, nodding.

"I mean she's getting closer to two, so, that's part of the problem. Also, maybe the baby? We're making a lot of changes and we've been talking about the baby to get her as ready as possible. Maybe it's everything altogether," I sigh, rubbing my face with my hands.

"I don't know, baby," he sighs. "I think it's good we're making her aware. I think you're right about her turning two getting closer which is definitely a factor. All the change may be a factor."

I sigh, staring at the floor. "I think we're putting too much on her."

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"Well, think about it. She's not even two yet, babe... We're acting like she should know better. She doesn't know, it's our job to teach her and we're so busy getting ready for her little sister that we're forgetting she's still a baby too."

Joe sighs, nodding slowly. "You're right."

"We've gotta fix it," I tell him.

"Yes," he nods again. "We do. I feel bad, we've been awful being so hard on her."

"We haven't done it on purpose," I sigh. "I guess we've gotta cut ourselves some slack too."

A sniffle makes us both turn, Willa standing at the entrance of the kitchen from the living room, her finger in her mouth as her eyes are red from crying, staring at me.

"Come here, baby," I tell her, holding my hands out to her.

She walks over, raising her arms to me.

I lift her, sitting her on my lap. She lies her head on my chest, cuddling into me as she lets out a staggered sigh. "We've been traveling a lot, which isn't a problem, she's used to travel but I think she's just getting confused with us moving into new places, never being home, preparing for the baby, all of the things. I mean the smaller place we have in New York is a week from closing so we stayed in a hotel there last week which probably confused her, before that we were in Paris for a week which was out of the ordinary. So much fun though, we definitely need to look into getting a place overseas for when we want to get away."