eighteen.

Waking from Porky's pacing, I reach behind me, noticing Joe's body missing from the bed. I sigh. I should've known.

Uncovering myself, I climb out of the bed, walk downstairs, and let Porky outside before climbing the stairs again, opening the blinds, and making the bed. Dressing in a sports bra and leggings, I go down the stairs again, let Porky back in, and feed him before taking my pre-workout and heading to the home gym.

Another day, same routine.

Considering I'm still beginning to work out for the first time in a long time, I keep my routine simple, 3 sets of each goblet squats, dumbbell sumo deadlifts, raised push-ups, and dumbbell rows, sweat dripping from my forehead by the time I finish. I wipe my head with a towel, grab my water bottle and head back toward the kitchen to fill it again, finding Joe, Nick, and Kevin sitting at the table.

"Hey," I grin.

"Hey," Joe smirks, kissing me. "You're sweaty."

"That's the point," I tell him, filling my bottle and chugging most of it down.

He chuckles. "Do you want food? We were about to order."

I nod. "Yeah, you know what I like, I don't care what."

"Sounds good," he nods, allowing me to heave myself up the stairs to shower.

Before I'm able to throw on sweats and a tee, my phone rings, Stella's name popping up on the screen.

"Hey Stells," I answer.

"Hey! What are you up to today?"

"I don't think anything really. I'll have to check with Joe, but I just finished my workout and showered. We're about to eat but I think he may be doing some stuff with Nick and Kev today. They're here, so..."

"Okay, well, would you be in the mood to do some shopping with me? I need some new clothes."

I laugh lightly. "I suppose I can make time to take a trip that way. But I'd only have a couple of hours to do it. We can't dilly dally; Joe and I eat dinner together every night."

"I know, you're very strict about your dinners with each other. It won't take too long. I'll meet you at like one?"

"Make it two, I'm about to eat lunch, and then I'll have to travel to you."

"Deal. See you in a bit. Love you!"

"I love you too, bye." I hang up, throwing on a pair of jeans, a top, and my boots. I leave my hair down to air dry, throw on mascara and go downstairs, the food being passed around as I arrive.

"Perfect timing!" Kevin says.

"You're dressed. Like dressed dressed." Joe mentions.

"Yeah, Stella called and wants me to head that way to help her do some shopping."

"You're leaving me?" he asks, pretending to pout.

"You'll live," I reply, grabbing my food and a fork before sitting next to him.

"Hey, so we do have that time to sit and write for a while," Kevin points out, chuckling.

Joe nods. "I suppose we do."

"Speaking of writing, when do I get to hear the first single that literally comes out soon, I'm assuming?"

"I have to catch you up on the timeline of everything but yes, the first single comes out in a little over a month. And you will hear it very soon."

"Speaking of," Nick says, giving Joe a look.

"What?" I ask.

Joe chuckles. "Nick, Kev, and I were thinking through some fun ideas for the music video for the song and we thought it would be really cool to start this new chapter of the band by including Dani, Pri, and you."