nine.

"So there's this game I played a bit ago with a few friends, it's fun 'cause it's questions we either have to answer ourselves or it might be directed towards everybody else. And I think, you take a big gulp of your drink if two people know that you didn't answer fully honestly," Joe says, sitting at the counter with three glasses, a bottle of tequila, a deck of cards, and his brothers.

His brothers stay quiet, unsure of the game.

"That work?" Joe asks. "The more we drink, the more the questions are going to be answered, so," he says, taking a sip from his glass.

Nick and Kevin chuckle nervously, agreeing with nods.

"Joe." Kevin starts.

Joe grabs a piece of paper from the center glass. "Okay," he says, peeling it open. "Is there someone in your life you hold real resentment towards?" He pauses, "Uh yeah, that ballerina that-"

His brother's cut him off, laughing.

"That talked about your small penis?" Kevin asks, laughing.

Joe looks at them semi-seriously as they continue to laugh. "She talked about my penis, she didn't- I don't- she didn't talk about a small penis."

Nick and Kevin laugh louder at this, unable to contain themselves.

"That ballerina, to this day, I think she was talking shit, and I don't- I'm not cool with it."

Kevin continues to laugh for a moment, Nick taking a sip of his drink.

Joe chuckles.

"Drink all that," Nick says, pointing to Joe's glass.

"Drink it all," Kevin agrees.

"That was the truth, though," Joe says to them, already holding the glass in his hand.

"Doesn't matter, it was a terrible answer," Nick responds, filling Joe's glass after he drinks it.

The boys deal cards, each grabbing one.

"Ready, one, two, three-" Nick says, and they all flip the cards over.

"Boom!" Joe says.

"Nick." Kevin follows. "Bowl it."

Nick grabs a question before reading it aloud. "Do you regret anything? Yeah, of course. Regret, like, so much shit all the time."

"Let's say, specifically, to this- the brothers." Joe says, narrowing down the question.

"Well, yeah, I mean, it's all encompassing. Um, biggest regret in regards to the brothers.," he pauses. "Um, season two of "Jonas"."

Kevin and Joe chuckle, glancing at one another.

"That's a big regret," Nick continues. "We shouldn't have done that. It really stunted our growth, you know? I feel like it was... just a bad move."

"Yeah," Joe agrees.

"Like it was just not the time and- literally, we- we couldn't evolve because of it."

Joe and Kevin both take sips from their drinks.

There's a short silence.

"Do you think that's when things started changing?" Joe asks.

"I think I became frustrated because..." Nick pauses. "I was in those sessions to write the music, and like, you guys didn't want to do that and so I just felt, like, a little bit of resentment. That seed of getting angry that you guys weren't in it with me there."

"Mmhmm," Joe hums, listening.

"Creatively felt shitty." Nick finishes.

Flipping cards again after another moment, Joe picks up a question.