Chapter 23

KELSEY

I was awoken from my sleep by a loud explosion and multiple vibrations through the concrete floor.

Then, guns went blazing off.

I heard endless gunshots and yelling which had my heart sinking into a bottomless pit.

I looked around and saw Matt standing at the front of his cell looking through the bars.

He looked unfazed by this whole situation.

"Matt." I whispered and he hummed in response. "What's going on?"

"Shhhhh." Was all he answered back.

I did as he said and kept my mouth shut.

A few minutes later I heard rattling at the door so I diverted my attention to it.

The gaurds that stood there before were now gone, which means Matt and I are alone.

Seconds later the door swung open and three men rushed in, heading straight for Matt's cell.

"My kupili tebe vremya, boss, no nam nuzhno potoropit'sya." One man said to him while pulling his cell door.
[We bought you some time boss but we'll have to hurry]

It's a jailbreak.

They speak the same language and I'm pretty sure I just heard 'boss'.

"Matt." I whispered in horror as I saw another man handing him two handguns. "What's.... what's happening?"

The three men eyes wandered over to me and I shrunk under their gaze.

"Privesti yeye." Matt ordered and one of them opened my cell and yanked me out.
[Bring her]

What the fuck.

"Otnosis' k ney tak snova, i ya otorvu tebe grebanuyu golovu." Matt warned and the guy nodded.
[Treat her like that again and I'll blow your fucking head off]

Matt took a hold of my hand and silently led me from the jail with two of the men before us and the other behind.

"Where are we going?" I asked but they all stayed silent until Matt spoke.

"Whatever you see or hear do not leave my side and whatever happens stay put." He warned and his word made me worry.

"What do you mean whatever happens? What's going to happen?" I felt frustrated and weak but for some reason, being around Matt made me feel safe.

When we got upstairs I was greeted with a scene from a fucking horror movie.

Bleeding bodies littered the floors of the mansion and the yelling and gunshot became more deafening to the ear.

Bullet cases clinged when they hit the floor and clicking sounds were made as guns unloaded and reloaded.

I want to shit myself.

We rushed through the halls avoiding being hit by the men at war.

Our steps faltered and right before us stood Luciano in all his jackassness glory.

He held a handgun in his hand and a machine gun strapped unto his shoulder.

Is it bad to say how hot he looked.

"Where the fuck is your boss?" He yelled as he crushed a guy's dick that was laying on the floor.

Suddenly I heard Matt chuckle beside me and for some reason I felt fear crawl into my heart.