Chapter 45

KELSEY

These people are fucking scary.

And I'm not talking about casual scary. I'm talking about Freddy Krueger kinda scary.

Pennywise type shit.

They got me almost pissing in my big girl panties.

Wouldn't be the first.

It's been a long night here at the gala, it's like things are moving in slow motion. The men here are like Luciano and Vladimir, they look and act the same. Don't get me wrong, both of them are scary but being in a room with over a hundred of them.

Horrendous.

"Sometimes it's just hard you know." I sighed and stared at Val as we sat around a table drinking while she complained about Enzo.

"I do, so what'd you say after he apologized?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"I just walked away and left him there. I'm really sick of his shit K, he needs to man the fuck up." She seethed and clenched the glass of champagne in her hand. "I think he does this because he knows I can't leave him, he takes advantage of the situation and tries to manipulate me."

I shook my head and rubbed her shoulder. "Men are shit Val. They always treat us like trash and we end up forgiving them. Look at me, I forgave Luciano after he did those things to me and I pardoned Vladimir's past. I'm probably the stupidest person on earth." I laughed humorlessly and she chuckled.

"He actually cried when we got into the argument. He cried." She laughed and I couldn't help but smile at the thought of Enzo crying like a bitch. Her face soon morphed into a painful look.

"He never cries." She whispered. "Only in his sleep when he has nightmares about his mother."

Mother, they have a mother.

Ofc bitch, who do you think gave birth to them. A fish.

"What happened to their mother?" I whispered and her eyes welled with tears.

"It's really not my story to tell Kelsey. I'm sure Luciano will, when he's ready. Just don't go asking him about it ok." She sobbed and I nodded.

It must be something really horrible.

My face contorted to a pained look when someone turned on a microphone and it made that awful screeching sound. I shifted my gaze to the stage and an old looking man walked up.

"Good evening Ladies and gentlemen." He greeted but everyone just stayed silent.

How rude.

"Good Evening." I shouted and my voice echoed through the silence of the room.

A few heads turned to find the culprit but I acted as if I was looking for her too.

Well played.

I'm real smooth. Val tried holding back her laughter when everyone focused their gaze back to the stage. All except one man.

He sat at the bar, just awkwardly staring at me. He held a burning gaze and I could swear he didn't blink for even a fraction of a second.

I looked away, feeling disgusted under his gaze, but when I turned back he was gone.

What the fuck.

More like who the fuck. He looked a little too familiar.

"And now, the moment you'll all been anxiety awaiting. I give you Luciano Romano and Vladimir Lenkov." The old man announced and applauds filled the ballroom.