Chapter 55

VLADIMIR

"Are you ok flower?" I asked Kelsey as she stared out the window.

"Yes." She stated blankly but I knew she wasn't.

"Is it about the photo?" I pressed. "If it's about the photo, we're sorry for laughing."

"No it's not." She replied, not diverting her attention from whatever she was staring at outside.

"So what is it?"

"Just fuck off Vlad!" She barked at me, causing my heart to clench.

I thought everything was going well. What is wrong now.

"No." I stood my ground. She had a problem and I needed to know what it was.

It's my duty to resolve whatever problems she had.

"Is it about me moaning Luciano's name?" I asked. "I told you it was a joke."

"Just piss off Vladimir." She grumbled before sucking her teeth.

"Kelsey please talk to me. I can't help you if you don't talk to me."

"I don't want to do this anymore." She mumbled and her words hit me like a ton of bricks.

I have to be hearing things. There is no fucking way she just said that.

Without uttering another word, I texted Luciano that we had an emergency. Within a few minutes I heard the door to our room open and he came rushing in.

All I could do was stare at Kelsey's back while she looked mindlessly out the window.

"What's wrong?" Luciano whispered and I pointed to Kelsey. He cocked his brows, giving me a questioning look.

"What did you say just say Kelsey?" I questioned again and she sighed.

"I said don't want to do this anymore. I can't." She whispered tiredly and I felt Luciano's body stiffen beside me.

"What do you mean amore?" He rushed over to her, holding her cheeks gently in his hand.

She just stared at his chest, she couldn't even look him in the eye.

My heart clenched as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Where did we go wrong.

"I mean I can't do this anymore Luciano. Whatever this is I can't do it." She sobbed and I shattered.

She wants to leave us.

Why.

Luciano moved her over to the couch and sat her on his lap. I joined them soon after.

"Why amore?" He croaked. "What did we do wrong?"

She didn't answer. She just stared down at her fingers as she played with them in her lap.

"Please answer me bella." Luciano begged and I could hear the desperation in his voice.

I was desperate too. Desperate and eager to know why she'd want to leave us.