CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

DADDY ISSUES

DADDY ISSUES

STROLLING through the streets of Stars Hollow, the Gilmore girls walked arm-in-arm, Lorelai in the middle as she questioned "So, dinner. Thoughts?"

"Let's have some." Rory smiled.

Hayden perked up "Chinese when I finish my shift?"

"Chinese it is." Lorelai confirmed and Hayden cheered, throwing up her free fist in success "I need to stop at the market and get some fruit."

A snort came from behind and three turned to Tristan who followed along, hands in his pockets but he wasn't phased by their identical stares. In fact he'd gotten used to it, especially staying at their home the last two weeks "I've seen inside your fridge. You guys need a lot more than fruit."

"I don't think I like your negativity, Dugray." Lorelai narrowed her eyes jokingly at the boy who's eye was almost healed before she cocked an eyebrow "You got a favourite fruit?"

"Pineapple."

"Interesting." She mused before sighing "I think I'm getting scurvy."

"Really?" Rory questioned dubiously as Hayden and Tristan chuckled.

"Well yeah. I mean, that or a cold." She shrugged "But either way I need some fruit."

The four stopped outside Doose's Market, allowing Lorelai to peer through the selection of fruit when the sound of a motorcycle revving into town had them look over. A gruff scoff came from behind and Hayden glanced over her shoulder to see Taylor peering out the door with a scowl "Damn motorcycles they're a scourge!"

"Yeah!" Rory agreed mockingly although the man would never know.

"They're loud. They're dangerous." Taylor complained "We should ban them from town."

Tristan shrugged, eyeing the bike in approval "I think they're pretty cool."

"Who are you?" Taylor frowned at the boy before turning to the Gilmore girls "Who is this?"

"This is Tristan." Lorelai introduced "Hayden's boyfriend."

Taylor turned to the youngest who smiled innocently before shaking his head "I've got to get away from that noise."

The second the man was back inside Lorelai gushed "Kill me and bury me with that bike."

"What is it?" Rory questioned in interest "A Harley?"