CHAPTER ONE

OH, BABY, BABY

OH, BABY, BABY

STARS Hollow; the small, picturesque town that Hayden Susanna Gilmore felt blessed to call home. She lived there with her mother and twin sister (both of whom were named Lorelai). Whilst her sister more often than not went by her nickname, Rory, she had been named in honour of their mother after copious amounts of drugs and the stubbornness that she was the one to give birth and therefore deserved her name to be the one passed on, Hayden was named for her father, more so his surname. A little gift for his contribution to the twins existence as Lorelai had put it.

The Gilmore girls had a lot in common; a witty disposition with a penchant for sarcasm, a borderline addiction to coffee, an endless pit of a stomach and the brightest blue eyes in all of Connecticut. But they also shared their differences; whilst Lorelai was laidback and liked a good party, Rory was a studious bookworm that preferred merely the company of her family and her best friend, Lane Kim. But it was Hayden who stood out the most from her mother and sister, for whilst they preferred not to break a sweat more so than reaching for a slice of pizza, Hayden lived to dance. In fact, she was Miss. Patty's prized student, ranked number one in the state and well on her way to Juliard. But as a popular, party girl, many believed she was her mother incarnate, no one more so than her grandparents.

"God, it's cold!" Hayden complained rubbing her hands together to create some friction as she strolled alongside her sister in the streets of their hometown.

Rory groaned in agreement, tugging at the straps of her backpack "I know, I just want to get to Luke's already."

The sister's sighed in relief as they saw the faded, beige 'WILLIAMS HARDWARE' sign for Luke's diner along with the large, yellow coffee cup depicting the diners moniker after the man himself had taken over his late fathers shop. The Gilmore girls were regulars, going at least once a day and Luke hated to see them come, it truly made him worry how much caffeine they drank.

The bell chimed overhead as they made their way through the door before spotting their mother at a table "Hey." Rory greeted for them "It's freezing."

"Oh, what do you need?" Lorelai questioned her daughters as they sat down around her "Hot tea, coffee?"

"Lip gloss." Rory instantly retorted with a smile.

Hayden smirked "Johnny Depp."

"Now, Johnny just left but..." Lorelai bent down to rummage through her purse "Aha! I have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and toasted marshmallow."

"Anything in there not resembling a breakfast cereal?" Rory questioned making a face as Hayden grabbed the strawberry.