CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

PRESENTING LORELAI (AND HAYDEN) GILMORE

_______☕️_______

AS Friday arrived so did dinner in Hartford and so the three Gilmore girls stood on the front doorstep waiting to be invited inside by Emily, however when the door opened, an unfamiliar and timid face stood in her place "Yes?"

"Hey." Lorelai greeted in mild surprise.

The maid blinked "Hello."

"You're new."

"Uh, I started yesterday."

Lorelai smiled kindly "What's your name?"

"Liesl." She introduced.

"Okay, Liesl. I'm Brigitta, this is Marta—" she gestured to Rory who waved before following suit with Hayden who snorted "and Gretl. And, uh, Emily and Richard are expecting us."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Please come in." Liesl quickly stepped back, opening the door further and the three headed inside only to pause at the sounds of arguing coming from upstairs "Uh, can I, uh, get you a drink?"

Lorelai gave her a sympathetic smile "You know what, that's okay. I can get it. Why don't you go hide in the kitchen?"

"Really?" Liesl slumped in relief "Thank you."

As the maid scurried off out of harms way, the three turned to the stairs, listening as Richard and Emily's arguing grew louder. Rory frowned "What is going on?"

"The hills are alive with the sound of marriage." Hayden joked.

Lorelai snickered "I think George and Maria are joining us for dinner."

Hayden's head tilted in thought "Grandma's more Baroness than nunny."

Rory raised an eyebrow "Nunny?"

"Nun and nanny." She shrugged like it was obvious.

"Ahh." Rory nodded just as the elder Gilmore's made their way down the stairs, too distracted by their own bickering to notice the girls waiting in the foyer.