CHAPTER TWELVE

LOVE & WAR & SNOW

LOVE & WAR & SNOW

TOWN meetings in Stars Hollow were always an entertaining time, at least for the Gilmore girls who always brought snacks for the show.Hayden and Rory snickered together as they watched their fellow townspeople talk over Taylor Doose much to his chagrin "No one is listening to me!"

Miss. Patty sighed at the man from her seat on stage "Oh, Taylor, calm down."

"I can't calm down, I'm being persecuted!" He protested.

She held back an eye roll but shared a smile at the sight of the Gilmore twins amusement "I promise that we hear you."

"We've been hearing you for 20 minutes." Andrew, Stars Hollow Books owner scoffed from the front row.

"Well, excuse me Andrew, but some of us have businesses to run that don't involve peddling drug paraphernalia to kids." Taylor sneered.

Hayden's laughter stopped as the Doose man's knowing gaze landed on her "Oh come on, man, it was just a lava lamp!"

Taylor lifted his chin haughtily "There is no use for a lava lamp unless you're on drugs."

Andrew threw his arms up in frustration as Hayden pouted, an amused Rory rubbing her back "Oh for crying out loud."

Lorelai slipped into the free seat beside her daughter, eyebrow's furrowed as she caught her youngest's pout "What did I miss?"

"I'm a drug addict." Hayden sighed.

The Gilmore woman paused, grip tightening on the bag of snacks she'd grabbed from the market "You're what now?"

"Taylor thinks Hayden is on drugs because she bought that lava lamp off Andrew." Rory was highly mused "He's just upset because he wants the no parking zone in front of his store removed and people weren't listening."

"He says his customers are being unfairly ticketed." Hayden added, her pout gone once her mother handed her a hotdog with all the trimmings and a soda.

Lorelai scoffed "No, it's just because he wants to park there all day."

"Genius." Rory complimented, taking a bite of her own hotdog.

The three watched as the towns Mayor, Harry got to his feet "I have been mayor of this fine town for a long time. I tend to think of all of you as my children. Unfortunately sometimes children have to be disciplined. Now I'm going to say something and I'm only going to say it once. We have leash laws people."