CHAPTER SEVEN

I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU

HAYDEN couldn't hide her excited grin as she stuck the two reserved signs she'd procured from Zuri and stuck them right in the centre, front row. The best seats in the house.  Her grandparents and never seen her dance before and she was a little nervous, okay, a lot nervous but more than anything she was hopeful. That they'd finally see her as more than their daughters double and that she was just as talented as Rory in her own way.

"Hayden!"

The Gilmore girl glanced over to see Madeline and Louise calling her over as the former grinned "Come on, we'll do your hair!"

Hayden smiled in surprise, she thought she'd have to do it herself with her mother working. A grin grew on her lips once more as she glanced to the reserved signs before heading over to the two girls "Can you help with my makeup, too?"

Louise shared a pleased smirk with Madeline "You have come to the right place."
☕️

"—AND first place for the girls under 18's solo's is... Hayden Gilmore from Chilton Preparatory!"

Hayden grinned as she made her way to the centre of the stage amidst the applause. The lights had raised since the performances ended and now the girl could finally see the audience... and the two reserved seats for her grandmother and grandfather empty.

They didn't come.

Hayden felt numb as she was handed the first place ribbon, giving a faux smile to the presenter before shuffling her way backstage. But she didn't get a moment to think before two sets of arms were tossed around her and she grunted in surprise "Oh!"

"We knew you could do it!" Madeline cheered as she and Louise pulled back.

The blonde nodded "We simply must celebrate. I'll call you."

"Er yeah, okay..." Hayden blinked as she watched the two sashay away before sighing and heading to get dressed.

But by the time she'd showered and changed and was ready to grab a bus to her grandparents house, she was surprised to find Tristan outside leaning against a shiny silver Porsche "What are you doing here?"

"I told you I'd see you Friday." He shrugged with a smirk at her approach "You were amazing in there."

She faltered in surprise "You watched?"

"Of course I did, Mary." Hayden was pleasantly surprised, a fluttering forming in her stomach and she couldn't help but smile a little earning one in return as he noticed. The DuGray boy pulled open the passenger door to his car "Come on, I'll give you a ride to dinner."