CHAPTER FIFTEEN

HISTORY REPEATING

HISTORY REPEATING

TRISTAN hadn't said a word since they left Stars Hollow and the silence was only leaving Hayden with all consuming anxiety over their plans for the evening. A plan Madeline and Louise were all too aware of, and excited for. Whilst the Dugray boy excused himself, Hayden was dragged to her table by the two girls in question as the blonde quirked an eyebrow "Great dress. Who's it by?"

"Lorelai Gilmore."

Madeline was surprised "Rory made that?"

"No, our mom." She gestured behind them and the pair turned to see Rory being escorted in by Dean "Made hers too."

"Wow, my mom can't make anything." Madeline was impressed "Not even soup."

But Louise didn't care about her friends mother, not with her eyes on Rory's date "Who's the dish?"

"That's Dean." Hayden informed her "I call him Moose."

"He is Moose-like." Madeline agreed.

Louise's lips pursed "Certainly not Manor born that's for sure. Ooh, our dates have returned, toodles, Hayden."

Madeline gave the girl a thumbs up "Good luck for tonight."

Hayden couldn't help but sigh as they walked away with two boys from the lacrosse team. She'd certainly need it. With no sign of Tristan, Hayden decided to greet her sister and Dean "So, you finally escaped Grandma's manicured clutches, huh?"

"Is she always that scary?" Dean looked between the two.

"Yes." They answered in sync.

The boy sighed "Great."

"Gilmore's."

The twins turned to see the Gellar girl with an unfamiliar boy by her side "Paris."

"I see you came." She mused to Rory before raising an eyebrow at Hayden "Where's Tristan? Shouldn't you two be tongue deep in each other's oesophagus by now?"

Before Hayden could respond, Paris' date held out his hand for the girl "Hi, I'm Jacob."

"Hayden." She returned the greeting "This is Rory and Dean."

The pair waved awkwardly "Hi."

"Hi. So, Hay—"