CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

THE ROAD TRIP TO HARVARD

AFTER their night of honesty, Hayden sat by her mothers side the next morning, their eyes narrowed and lips screwed up identically as they sat on a trunk by the foot of the bed

AFTER their night of honesty, Hayden sat by her mothers side the next morning, their eyes narrowed and lips screwed up identically as they sat on a trunk by the foot of the bed. Something Rory took notice of as she walked out of the bathroom, toiletry bag in hand "What's with the faces?"

"The flowers." Hayden told her.

"They're taller." Lorelai added.

Rory groaned as she stuffed her toiletry bag inside her rucksack "Not this again."

"There's more of them." Their mother defended.

"They've multiplied." Hayden added "Indubitably."

Her mother held out her hand for a low five "Nice word."

"Worth 19 points in Scrabble." Hayden causally informed her as she returned the gesture.

Rory sighed at the pair "The flowers on the wallpaper are not growing or reproducing."

"Hm." The pair hummed disbelievingly

"Wait a minute." Rory made her way over to the open guestbook "You weren't writing in this thing, were you?"

Lorelai grinned "Maybe some random thoughts."

"'Satanic forces are at work here.'" She quoted as she joined them on the trunk making Hayden snicker "Mom!"

Lorelai blinked innocently "What?"

"What—We cannot write that in here." Rory scoffed before editing her work "Here. 'Sat and forever am at work here.'"

Lorelai snickered "That doesn't make any sense."

"And it doesn't invoke the Dark Prince so I think it's preferable." Rory shot back.