CHAPTER ELEVEN

KISS AND TELL

KISS AND TELL

AS it did with every season and town event, Stars Hollow had gone all out on decorations, and with Fall came the Autumn Festival. Pumpkins, hay bales, scarecrows and wheat wreaths covered the town square as the two Lorelai's made their way through "One of us has to do laundry tonight."

Rory frowned "Why?

"Because I haven't had any clean underwear for three days." Lorelai complained.

Rory raised an eyebrow at her mother "So right now under your skirt you're wearing...?"

She couldn't help but smirk "Not underwear."

"Mom!"

"It's kinda nice, actually—" she swayed her skirt "breezy."

Rory shook her head "My role model, ladies and gentlemen."

Lorelai suddenly frowned "How come you haven't run out yet?"

"I don't know." She shrugged innocently "I guess I have more underwear than you."

"That's not true. You have less." Her eyes narrowed "Have you been doing laundry without me?"

Rory's face paled "No."

"Rory?"

"Okay, one load." She caved.

Lorelai scoffed "And you didn't even ask if I had stuff to throw in?"

"It was a big load." Rory defended "There wasn't any room."

"I'm crushed. I'm bleeding. Get me a tourniquet. Oh, no, they're dirty 'cause Rory wouldn't wash them with her stuff."

Rory sighed "I'm sorry. I'll do another load tonight, I promise."

"Never mind. I'll do my own laundry." Lorelai grumbled.

"Fine, even better."

She sighed "I hate doing laundry. Maybe I'll just buy new underwear."

The two came a stop beside the makeshift stage, smiling as they watched Hayden lead the children's class during rehearsal for their big performance at the festival. Miss. Patty waved her hand along to the music "And flutter, flutter, flutter, flutter, flutter... and leaves." She frowned "Where are my leaves?"