CHAPTER FOUR

WELCOME TO CHILTON

WELCOME TO CHILTON

SITTING out on the porch, Hayden squirted the spay can of whipped cream into her mouth as her mother painted Rory's toes. Her sister glanced over at the sound and scoffed "That's real ladylike."

"I know, right?" Hayden grinned before opening her mouth to showcase the cream on her tongue.

Rory grimaced, shaking her head only to be scolded by her mother "Don't move, please."

"So, why are you insisting on doing this?" Rory questioned, raising an eyebrow as she swiped another coat of paint on her toes.

"Well, because you're going to be starting private school tomorrow." Lorelai pointed out.

Rory's eyebrow's furrowed "Yes, but I'm going to be wearing shoes. Nobody's going to see my feet."

"Okay, But everybody knows that private school girls are bad." Lorelai defended "And bad girls always wear red nail polish."

Hayden wiggled her own painted toes "I do feel ready to skip class to make out with cute boys and smoke under the bleachers."

"Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and twin daughters." Lorelai quipped before pointing over at her youngest "Don't do that."

Hayden could only shrug as she took another mouthful of whipped cream "No promises."

Lorelai glanced between them "Are you nervous?"

"About what?" Rory questioned.

"About starting Chilton."

Rory smiled jokingly "Well I wasn't until I heard about all those bad girls."

"Just show 'em your toes." Hayden told her with a smirk "They'll leave you alone."

The three laughed before rapid footsteps had them look over to see Lane rushing towards the porch "Guys, guys, new CD! XTC—'Apple Venus Volume 2'!"

Hayden scrambled to her feet, Lorelai following suit as they rushed after Lane to listen but Rory was appalled "But you only finished half my toes!"

"Who cares?!" Lorelai called back "You're going to be wearing shoes anyway!"

"And they'll never believe you're a bad girl anyway!" Hayden added.

Rory could only roll her eyes but accept defeat and head inside "Pass the whipped cream."
☕️

"WAKE up, Hayden!"