CHAPTER EIGHT

OH DEER

OH DEER

STARS Hollow held a plethora of eclectic shops that catered to every whim and need for its kooky inhabitants, and second to the bookstore (not to mention the video store and Luke's) Rory's favorite was the stationary store. And the Gilmore girl in question had never been happier to drag her mother and sister inside much to Lorelai's chagrin "Shopping for school supplies... party."

Rory smiled in amusement "Nobody demanded that you come."

"Yeah, they did." Hayden scoffed still bitter about being dragged from bed so early on a Sunday "You."

"Are you kidding?" Lorelai scoffed jokingly "How often do you get to do things like this? I was thinking, while we're going crazy, we should get some toilet paper and a plunger next."

Hayden nodded, going along with her mother "Maybe even a waste-paper basket."

Rory sent them a look, pointing to her piece of paper "Teasing is not on our list."

"It's always on our list." Hayden retorted in amusement.

Lorelai smiled "Well, what is?"

"We need legal pads—"

"Got it."

"—tons of pens,—"

"Right."

"—Some number two pencils, three highlighters, an eraser a staple remover and a folder."

Lorelai raised an eyebrow "You need three highlighters?"

Rory nodded "Yes."

"Three?"

"Yes."

Lorelai raised an eyebrow "That is a very random number."

"Three is not a random number." Rory argued.

"No, I mean how did you get to the number three?"

"In case one dries up and one gets lost, we each have one left." Hayden rhymed off the lecture Rory had already given her when she asked the same question the night before.

Lorelai chuckled before perking up as she looked to the shelf "Ooh, hey, legal pads."

"No." Rory shook her head "Those are purple."