CHAPTER THIRTY

NICK & NORA/ SID & NANCY

WHILE there were few things Hayden loved more than Luke's cooking, the Gilmore girl couldn't bring herself to so much as take a bite of her breakfast not with it being her first day back at Chilton, her first day seeing him

WHILE there were few things Hayden loved more than Luke's cooking, the Gilmore girl couldn't bring herself to so much as take a bite of her breakfast not with it being her first day back at Chilton, her first day seeing him. Rory had scoffed her breakfast down, anxious to take too long in fear of being late to school, but their mother didn't share in those feelings as she took her time, enjoying her food as she read through the morning headlines.

Rory's knee bounced impatiently as she stared across the table "How are the eggs?"

Their mother didn't raise her head "Good."

"I'm glad." She bit out, trying to simmer the frustration.

Lorelai raised an eyebrow as she glanced up and spotted her stare "They're still good.

Rory smiled tightly "I'm still glad."

"Look freak, we will not be late." Their mother sighed.

"It's the first day of school." She blurted "I wanna get there early."

"I wanna get there never." Hayden mumbled, pushing her own eggs around.

Lorelai met Rory's stare "We will be there early, I promise."

"I have different classes this year, my routes aren't the same. I haven't found the quickest path around. And my locker, they moved it, so I don't even know if it'll work properly and then I'll have to get a new one and God knows how long that'll take or where it'll be and that could send the whole day into chaos." Rory rambled before sighing "I'm just excited."

Hayden slumped in her chair, voice quiet "Makes one of us."

The bell jingling above the door had the three Gilmore girls look up to see Lane rushing towards them "Oh, thank God, you haven't left yet."