CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

A-TISKET, A-TASKET, YOU BETTER BID ON MY BASKET

______☕️______

APPROACHING Doose's Market, the Gilmore girl strolled along the sidewalk amongst the hustle and bustle of their fellow townspeople, each preparing for the upcoming annual Stars Hollow 'Bid on a Basket' fundraiser. Something every woman in town was excited for, everyone but Hayden and Lorelai Gilmore.

The mother and daughter shared a look as Rory babbled on about her basket, planning to fill it with all of Dean's favourite snacks to feast on while he showed her his top secret project. They didn't mean to be bitter but it was hard watching everyone else be happy in love while they were alone. Just as Rory went to continue on, she faltered, spotting a commotion up ahead "What's going on with Taylor?"

Lorelai shrugged as they watched Taylor have an emphatic conversation with the police officer "Maybe he's finally snapped and murdered Kirk."

"Maybe Kirk's finally snapped and killed his mom." Hayden mused, somewhat jokingly.

They silently got closer to the market, watching as Taylor scowled "Officer, I want the perpetrator arrested for this heinous crime!"

The deputy sighed "It's just a little graffiti, Taylor. It'll wash off."

"Just a little graffiti?" He scoffed "It's false advertising and could ruin my business. I don't know who this Moose is but it's not his market, it's mine."

Hayden snorted as she finally spotted the sign, for the D in 'Doose's' had been covered in red paint with a haphazard 'M'. It didn't take a genius for Dean who stood off to the side, arms folded across his apron covered chest to know who the artist responsible was considering there were only two people in town who used the unfortunate nickname and whilst Hayden used it fondly, it was Jess who made the 6'3" boy feel small.

Lorelai tried to hide her own amusement as she glanced to Hayden, keeping her voice low "You didn't help this time, right?"

"Hey, my hand's are clean." Hayden admitted, showcasing the red-less palms.