CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

SEEING STARS HOLLOW

SEEING STARS HOLLOW

AS she trailed alongside her father and sister, Hayden couldn't help smile. He was actually there, and he was interested in her, in Rory. He was even interested in Stars Hollow itself. But it was the idea of Saturday that had her stomach filled with excitement "So you'll really come?"

"To see you dance?" He scoffed with a grin "You betcha. I'll be the one front row with flowers to throw on stage."

"Can you make sure you aim for Louise?" Rory perked up "Hit her right in the kisser?"

Hayden snickered at the thought of her blonde friend "What did she do this time?"

"She told me my uniform was out of style." Rory was in disbelief "How can my identical uniform be out of style and no one else's is?"

"Oh, don't worry, she told Paris the same." Hayden assured "It's probably because you're the only two girls in the entire school that make sure their kneecaps are covered at all times."

Rory shoved her jokingly as she laughed "It's school policy!"

Christopher smiled as he watched them "So, what's next?"

"This is the town flower shop." Rory pointed out as they strolled through town "Um, over there is a good pizza place. That's the stationary store and that's Al's Pancake World."

Christopher raised an eyebrow "Good pancakes?"

"Oh, he doesn't serve pancakes." Hayden snorted in amusement, chuckling at her father's expression alongside Rory "He switched to international cuisine a couple of years ago, and dropped the pancakes."

"He would've changed the name but he had already printed like a million napkins with the original name so he just kept it." Rory added with a smile.

Christopher glanced between his daughters "What kind of international cuisine?"

"He kind of hops around."

Hayden nodded "Last month it was his salute to Paraguay."

Her father grimaced "Anyone salute back?"

Rory shook her head "Not really."

"Hayden! Rory!" The three turned to see Miss. Patty coming out of her studio "How are you girls? Oh, Christopher. I didn't see you there."

Hayden snorted "Yeah, right."

"Miss. Patty." He greeted politely.