Chapter Nine- Fancy Hotels and Dinner Dates

Sweaty hands, uneven breathing and racing heartbeat. These were pretty much what was going on with my body. I was nervous as hell. Never thought going to my first date, I meant dinner will make me feel this anxious.

Kyla just finished applying gloss on my lips and ink around my eyes. "There." she admired her work. "Oh bes, you're so beautiful. Don't come out until I tell you." Before I could respond, she rushed to the door.

I stood from the chair and headed to our wall mirror. Whoa! I felt like I was looking at a different person. I was dolled up. Smokey eyes, tinted lips and blushed cheeks. Kyla chose to let my hair down, my natural waves showing off.

Who is that girl staring right at me? I straightened my mini white dress with flowy skirt. My arms and legs were bare and exposed. I tried to walk properly in Lisa's black ankle booties. It looked cool and edgy but a size bigger for me so I prayed not to trip.

"Ready?" Kyla asked when she opened the door a little. The question wasn't for me. "Ladies and single ladies, let's all welcome my work of art."

When I got out, cheering filled the living room. They circled around me complimenting my look. Kyla stood on the side and I noticed a jacket hanging on her arm. My boardmates were silenced by a car beeping downstairs. They ran into the window and started giggling.

"Time to go." Kyla shrugged a black leather jacket on me. "I feel like a mother sending my little girl to her first date." she teased and I rolled my eyes. She handed me a satchel with chain straps. I looked neither too formal nor too casual. "Hey. Call or text me if you need me. I'm serious. I'll be there to get you."

Some of them were still giving me advice before I wished them good night. Kyla walked me out. As soon as we were down the stairs, David opened Mr. Madrid's door. Mr. Sexy Back stepped out of his vehicle looking as gorgeous as ever. He changed his suit but this time no tie and his dark red dress shirt unbuttoned on top. Our eyes met and I held Kyla's arm tighter. I was anxious again. Damn nerves.

"Miss Daniel."

"Mr. Madrid."

"You look beautiful." he whispered and Kyla giggled beside me.

"Thank you." I blushed.

We stared at each other for a while before Kyla cleared her throat. "She should be home by twelve." she declared to Mr. Madrid. I scowled at her. I work in a dance club. When did I have a curfew? "Or not. Just promise me she'll be home in one piece."

"Okay." Mr. Madrid promised. "Shall we?" he turned his attention to me offering a hand. I took his soft and warm hand.

"Good night, Miss Domingo."

"Have fun!" Kyla yelled before my door was closed. Mr. Madrid walked around the car to enter the other door. I inhaled and exhaled as I settled in my seat. Relax, Madi. It's just dinner. Breathe. I repeatedly told myself. I like to think I looked good. Kyla did a great job transforming my ordinary look to a dinner-appropriate one. Mr. Madrid even said I look beautiful. Everybody at the house complimented my look. They're not liars. I believe them. Come on, Madi. A little confidence wouldn't hurt. Relax.Bre-.

"Hi." Mr. Madrid interrupted my thoughts.

"Hi." I couldn't look straight in his eyes. Suddenly, I feel so hot but my hands were cold. Is the air-con broken or something? Can I open the window? I'm in need of fresh air.

Something warm on my skin stopped me from my mental breakdown. Mr. Madrid's hand was on top of mine.

"Are you okay?"