Chapter Ten- Young Millionaires and Firework Displays

Here's the new chapter! I really enjoyed writing this one.

Chapter Ten- Young Millionaires and Awesome Firework Displays

I almost spat every liquid in my mouth when Mr. Madrid revealed his age. Out of the blue, I was curious how old he was so I asked. Early thirties. I mentally guessed. He looked young but he's a company CEO. You need a lot of experience to be able to run a huge company.

"Twenty-seven." he quickly replied and I choke on my drink. Seriously? I knew he was young but not that young. That means he only built Lumiere when he was about my age. How did he do that? "Are you okay?" he offered me a napkin. I nodded, still surprised by the revelation.

Twenty-seven. Only five years older than I am. And he's a millionaire. For all I know, he could be a billionaire. Lumiere had more than a hundred branches all over the continent. And he owned all of it. Twenty-seven.

Dammit. I can't get over the fact that he's only twenty-seven. He's just too young to be a millionaire through his own company. I mean I'd get it if it was from inheritance or something but he earned it all by himself. Okay maybe not entirely by himself but I get the picture.

We finished dinner with a small plate of soft and moist chocolate mint cake. I was surprised with myself tonight. I was able to finish everything Mr. Madrid ordered for me. That could only mean one thing. I enjoyed our conversation that much not to notice how much I was eating. I excused myself to go to the ladies' room. He offered to come with me but I joked about not running away. It's a huge place but I'm sure I can manage looking for the comfort room. Hopefully.

After about a minute of trying to find the goddamn comfort room, I decided to just ask one waitress to point me where it was. The ladies' room was much nicer than our living room. It had a four-sitter couch between one-sitters all facing a glass center table with a vase of fresh flowers. Behind the two wooden doors were the cubicles. The only thing missing was a kitchen and it'd look like an apartment.

I washed my hands at the flat marbled sink. The water automatically came out when I placed my hand under the faucet. I stared at the huge mirror as I dried my hands. My eyeliner was still there but my lips weren't than tinted anymore. My phone vibrated inside my satchel. I took it out and saw eight messages and five missed calls all from Kyla. She's been texting and calling for the past two hours.

KY: srsly, bes? 1 text wouldn't hurt. R u still alive?

I laughed at her last message. She was obviously worried about me. I sent her a quick text.

ME: Chill, miss hyperbole! My phone's on silent. I'm coming home in one piece.

I read all her previous messages as I sat on the couch which was very comfortable by the way.

KY: wer dd u guys go? stay safe.

KY: wat r u doin? just checkin.

KY: havin fun?

KY: madi! update please.

KY: hey! ur makin me worry.

KY: dd sexy back eat you alive?

KY: wer r u? i'll come n get u.

I can't help but laugh at Kyla's OA messages. Plus, the way she text was nauseating. This was why she's better with numbers. I'm glad she decided to major in Math instead of English. She always had this weird way with solving mathematical equations.