Chapter Twenty-Seven- Farewell Kisses and Guy Best Friends

"Hello?" I sleepily answered my ringing phone. My deep slumber was disrupted by the repetitive tone filling the room. If Kyla was here, she would've have thrown a pillow on my face for having a call at 5 AM on a Sunday.

"Hey." Michael's voice made my eyes open wide as my spirit awakens.

"Hi."

"I'm sorry if I woke you." I wasn't sure if it was me or there was a hint of sadness in his voice.

"It's fine. My alarm was about to go off anyway." I explained while climbing down the bed. "Did something happen? You sound weird."

"I wanna see you."

"I can drop by later if you want." I suggested.

"I'm here now."

Here? Here where? I padded out to the living room and opened the windows. Michael was right in front of the gate looking up at me with a tight-lip smile. His eyes were missing the usual spark in them. That moment, I knew something was troubling him.

I rushed outside to open the gate for him. "What's wrong?"

"Remember the Lumiere expansion?"

"Tokyo, right? What about it?"

"There were some problems that need my immediate attention."

"Oh. When are you going?" My tone mirrored his.

"Now."

"Now? You mean now as in right now?" He simply nodded. "How long w..." I couldn't even make myself finish. I was feeling exactly how he was feeling.

"Two weeks."

"You came to say goodbye."

"I never liked the word goodbye. When I hear it, I think of endings. Anyway, I came to say I'll miss you. To say I'll call you every day. And to do this..."

I expected a tight hug or a forehead kiss when he stepped closer to me. What I didn't expect was the warmth and sweetness I felt as his lips captured mine. In a second, my mind went blank and I was lost. The only thing I was aware of was the sensation I've been longing for.

Finally! He was kissing me for real.

The kiss started slow and tender with his hands cupping my cheeks. I moaned in his mouth as he sweetly deepened the kiss. He needed to wrap his hand on back for support. My knees felt weak, shiver ran through my spine and there was tingling on every part of my being.

No fancy dinners. No rooftops. No fireworks. Just the two of us. Everything was perfect. Until I realized...

I pushed him away from me. He was taken aback by my sudden reaction. "What's wrong?"

"I haven't brushed my teeth." I answered reddening in embarrassment.

He chuckled saying, "Angel, do I look like I care?" He didn't even let me respond and locked his lips with mine again. This time, that perfect feeling with him heightened. "You. Taste. So. Good." he said in between kisses. I stood on tiptoe wrapping my arms around his neck, playfully tangling my fingers with his hair.

In need of air, we both pulled away panting. He gently pressed his forehead on mine and sweetly rubbed his nose on mine. I couldn't help but smile. We both did.

"God, I miss you already." he said.

I lunged myself into him for an embrace. "I'll miss you too." I whispered. If only I could stop him from leaving, I would. It was his business he's dealing with. I can't be some shallow clingy girlfriend who's going to let him do whatever I want. Maybe a little distance was what we need.