Chapter Twenty-Two- New Relationships and Meet-Up Plans

Dedicated to @LaughterLines_ for voting on every chapter at 3 AM (on my timezone). Seriously? You're wonderful!

Happy reading!

Chapter Twenty-Two- New Relationships and Meet Up Plans

If someone told me a month ago that I, Madi Daniel, Grade-A cynic and anti-social would be in a romantic relationship, I'd just laugh at the thought.

If someone told me that I would be in a romantic relationship with a god-like human being, I'd tell them it's impossible, absurd and a total hallucination.

Gladly, no one told me.

I ate up my words when I said I'd never like him. Like ever. Now I truly believe the saying 'Never say never.' At least when it comes to him.

Michael Madrid.

Bossy, stalker, sweet and gorgeous.

I still can't believe I said yes to being his girlfriend. As soon as I did, a wave of overwhelming emotions exploded inside of me. He made me feel something so foreign. I wanted more. I needed more.

Michael's lips curved into a huge grin once he realized I uttered the answer he was hoping for. I mean how can I say no to a flying banner with balloons? But I think it's more of the sincerity I saw in his eyes that made me say yes. There was something about the way he looks at me that was intense and genuine. I felt like he could see right through me. That look will be planted in my mind for quite a long time.

We stayed longer in the park. He was lying down on the mat with his head on my lap. I stroked his soft smooth hair then trailed my fingers on his face. I remembered the day I wanted to touch his stubble and now I can. Lucky me.

"Enjoying the view?" he whispered as he popped his eyes open. I was startled as my face was inches away from his. I swear I saw his eyes twinkle as he gazed at me. "Because I am."

Three.

Two.

One.

Heart racing, check. Stomach fluttering, check. Cheeks blushing, double check.

Shoot. When will my body stop responding this way whenever he says something sweet? Honestly, I don't think it will stop.

"You said girlfriends are complications. You sounded like you don't plan on having one." I stated a few minutes later. It was just a few nights ago that he said that to me. I wondered what changed. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"You came along." he quickly replied with certainty.

"Why me then?"

He sat up and leaned his forehead into mine while cupping my face. "Because there is something about you that I know I won't find in anyone else. I can't lose you, angel. I will hold you as long as I can."

Gah!

That rendered me speechless.

Who wouldn't be?

"Now it's my turn to ask."

"Ask what?"

"Why did you say yes?"

"Let's see. You're a bossy hard-headed controlling stalker. Why did I say yes?" I teased and he arched a brow. "You make feel things." My voice was softer now.

He makes me special. He makes me want to see the world differently. He makes me trust him.

"You make me feel like I deserve to live and not only survive. When I'm with you, I don't feel like a burden. You know. I am just... Me." I swallowed realizing the depth of my words so I said, "And I can't seem to get rid of you."