Chapter Twenty-Three- Changed Routines and Bowling Alleys

Hey awesome readers! Show me some love by clicking on that star. It only takes a second. Promise. :)

 Dedicated to @lmdancer for her sweet comment last chapter. Happy reading!

Chapter Twenty-Three- Changed Routines and Bowling Alleys

That afternoon, I was quite hesitant to tell Michael about my friends' meet-up plans with him. For what reason, I had no idea.

Since I sort of promised to visit him, I excitedly made my way up to his office floor right after I changed from my Lumiere uniform. In my mind, I only pictured saying hi and then leaving for the club. It was Monday but I didn't want to take the night off considering how many nights I was already absent.

The king of surprises that he was, Michael had other plans. When I reached his floor, Avery and Carlos were setting up the small counter by his mini-kitchen.

They didn't notice my entrance as they were all busy with what they're doing. Michael was holding a wine bottle reading the label. Avery was setting plates and utensils while Carlos was taking out wine glasses from the counter shelf.

"Hi everyone." I greeted. Three heads immediately turned to me.

"Angel." Michael's eyes twinkled as he saw me. With his long legs, he was inches from me in a second. His lips lightly touched my forehead making me shiver. His woodsy and citrus scent filled my nostrils. My hands voluntarily run through his chest stopping where I can feel his fast heartbeat.

The sound of clinking glasses pulled me back into my senses. For a minute, I forgot we weren't alone. Heat crept up my cheeks as I realized Michael's display of affection had an audience.

"Hi guys." I said embarrassed.

"Good evening, Miss Daniel." Carlos and Avery answered in unison with knowing smiles.

"What is going on? Do you have a dinner meeting?" I asked as soon as Carlos and Avery excused themselves out.

"Yes, I do."

"Oh." I sounded disappointed. "I just came up to say hi. I should go then."

"Do you wanna know who I'm dining with tonight?"

"Even if I do wanna know, I doubt I'm familiar with whoever you're meeting."

"Quite the contrary, Miss Daniel. I think you know her very well."

Oh it's a her? "Really?"

"Yeah. She's smart, beautiful and funny." he started. I only nodded with curiosity. With the look on his face, he probably expected me to be jealous or something. "But, she's also stubborn, blunt and inquisitive. You know, she always had a question to ask every single conversation."

A chuckle escaped my lips as I understood what he was trying to do. "Yeah. I think I know her. And you can't blame her if she asks many questions around handsome mischievous men who are huge fans of surprises. Besides asking questions is a sign of intelligence."

"You think I'm handsome?"

I laughed. "I've recited like a paragraph and you only remember that word?"

"Just answer it."

"Careful there, your narcissistic side is showing." His office was filled with our laughter.

*****

It wasn't as hard as I thought to tell Michael about Lisa's plan to meet him. He looked quite excited actually making me the anxious one. The dinner was pleasant as we made plans for Saturday. I appreciate the simple but delicious food and of course enjoyed the amazing company.