Chapter Forty-Two- Odd Fairytales and Sincere Apologies

Like any other girl, I liked fairytales. I enjoyed hearing them as a kid. When I grew older, I still like reading these magical stories of true love. Not all of them of course. I found some annoying and non-sense. When I grew much older, I forgot why I liked fairytales. I became realistic, practical and cynical. Fairytales were just stories that keep your hopes up until you'll realize life sucks and the world is cruel.

So that was me. I'm thinking Michael has his own definition of fairytales.

We settled on our seats and David immediately started the car. As soon as the vehicle moved I felt drowsy. Michael wrapped his arm  around me and pulled me close to him. He heard no complain from me.

"Once a upon a time," he started. "There was an extremely handsome prince. H-."

"Can we add bossy, stalker, moody," I interrupted and he chuckled.

"Ssh. This is my story." He cleared his throat before continuing. "The prince already had a kingdom but he got greedy. He wanted to conquer different places in the world. He knew he couldn't do it by himself. He asked help from a powerful king with money, connections and everything the prince needed. This king had a mischievous daughter."

"Of course."

"Ssh."

"Sorry, go on." I acted zipping my mouth.

"The princess proposed the idea of being married to the prince to pay his debts to the king.The prince knew the princess always had feelings for him. He had no problem agreeing to the deal. Marriage meant nothing to him. He planned to  marry the princess and expand his kingdom. Then he'd divorce her and move on with his life. He planned every single detail. What he didn't plan was to fall in love. One day, he just met this brave girl who was willing to stand up for others. He immediately knew she was extraordinary. He couldn't stay away. He just had to know her. Have her. He was obsessed with her. The prince wondered day and night what does this girl have that made him insane, stalking, chasing and wanting her. The more he got to know this woman, the more his feelings grew for her. He knew he was in love with this strong, amazing woman who has turned his world around. He trusted her with his heart."

That was a lot to take. He rendered me speechless.

"If you loved and trusted me, you should have told me. I would've understood."

"I wanted to tell you but after our first date, I just wanted to stay away."

"But you didn't."

"I couldn't." he whispered and looked at me straight in the eyes. Damn those lovely browns. "I already fell for you."

I was dying inside. My emotions wanting to burst out of me. This man was making me feel crazy every second he tells me he loves me.

"What happens now?" He remained silent as I asked. "Michael,"

He looked surprised to hear his name. "Y-you c-called m-." he stuttered. I guessed me not using his first name had affected him more than I expected.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just please answer the question."

"The engagement's off so our deal's off. Simple as that."

"I'm pretty sure it's not that simple. What about Tokyo?"

"I can handle the business side of my life, Madeliene. What I can't take is not being with you. Please tell me you're coming back to me. I really need you right now."

"That was a smooth one, Mr. Madrid. Really smooth."

"I mean it."

"I know."