Chapter Forty-Five- Fun Runways and Terrible Cooks

Michaela's fashion show was more than just a showcase of beautiful clothes. Her first collection called Cliques with teenagers as target market was sort of a 'be yourself' campaign. From how I understood it, these girls can be pretty and fashionable no matter what clique they belong to. Young girls including Sam and her MIU Academy squad walked down the runway representing the different types of student in a high school.

Then, Kiss and Tell was a collection of printed dresses, tops and skirts with different patterns and styles. I remembered seeing some of the clothes at Lumiere but most of it were new. She was also talking about K & T when we first met. She was excited with this collection along with the last one. Actually, I was wearing a piece from the collection.  Michaela insisted that I wear something from her designs for marketing reasons. It was an off-shoulder floral maxi dress which she paired with strappy sandals. It had a long slit that exposed my right leg. Michael disapproved arguing the dress showed too much skin. Michaela simply brushed off her brother's argument. Besides, he had no say on what I wear.

Then, her last one called Spotlight, like she told me before was a perfect collection for night outs. Sequins, metallics, leather, sheer, lace, name it and they're all present from pieces which all screamed wild night.

Lisa and Kyla walked down the runway wearing dresses from Spotlight while Ali wore a patterned romper from Kiss and Tell. They all looked confident and beautiful. Lisa was a natural. I could sense Kyla's stage fright at first but it wasn't that obvious as she raised her chin up and owned that catwalk.

We prepared mash-ups for the show and a party setlist for the after-show cocktails. I must say performing at the side of the runway was fun. I even thought Matt was right. We should do more fashion shows.

I needed some alcohol to boost whatever energy was left in me. I was aware Michael disapproved but he kept mum as I drink. He knew I was confident because he was there to take care of me. I had no plans of getting drunk so I just took a sip of the bubbly they were serving and blushed throughout our last song. I hoped that it wasn't too obvious when I bumped into Atty. and Mrs. Madrid. We said our hello's which was cut short because there was an emergency they needed to attend to. But Mrs. Madrid didn't forget to tell me how glad they are that Michael and I looked happy. "It's good to see you and my son working things out." She also complimented how great the band was and promised to have us on one of their events. The guys were ecstatic to hear that and we all looked forward to doing those events.

Michael noticed how exhausted I was and asked me if I wanted to go home. The answer was obvious and so we started looking for his sister.

"Thank you for doing this!"  Michaela exclaimed with a hug. "It was so much fun. I'll just think about the reviews in the morning."

"You're welcome. I had a great time too. Reviews?"

"Yup. Those fashion editors and bloggers who will hopefully give me constructive criticisms instead of awful comments I never really cared about the those because Mickey's gonna sell my clothes anyway and they're selling nicely. But now I do hope my lines get good reviews." she crossed her fingers with her face full of excitement.

"I'm sure you'll get those awesome reviews. Don't forget to update me okay?"

"Of course! We should have lunch on Monday at The Luncheon. Bring everyone. My treat!"

"No problem. I'll see you then."

We hugged one last time before I said goodbye to my friends. I was looking for Kyla but she was nowhere to be found. Michael assured me that my best friend was fine as if he knew something I didn't.