Chapter Sixteen- Hobbies and Sisters

Dedicated to @MaitriShah2 for being awesome! Thank you. :D

Chapter Sixteen-Hobbies and Sisters

"Good Afternoon, Ma'am. How may I help you?" I smiled politely to the woman who walked in my section. She returned my greeting with a sweet smile. I noticed she was probably about my age. Her brown hair was tied in a neat ponytail. The light make-up on her face emphasized her features, thin almond eyes, small nose and voluptuous lips.

The tall woman looked chic and feminine in a dark floral button down tucked in a white rose-printed skirt that stopped right above her knees. She completed her look with a black and orange leather handbag and nude cut-out heels.

Thank you. Thank you very much. I curtseyed in my mind. Because of my job at Lumiere, I've learned more about clothes and my friendship with the other salesperson taught me about shoes and bags. T-shirts, jeans and sneakers used to be the only words in my fashion vocabulary.

Speaking of other salespersons, I had concerned looks welcoming me in the dept. store when I came in. They were all asking how I was feeling. Then I remembered I collapsed yesterday due to over fatigue. It's unbelievable that that only occurred yesterday when I felt like a lot has already happened to me. Actually A LOT has been happening to me recently. I can't help but smile when I remembered my exchange of weird texts with Michael this morning.

"You're very lucky Mr. Madrid was there." Ma'am Bridgit said during our break time.

I gave her and two more salesladies around me a closed-lip smile as if I wanted to say 'No comment'. It's not like I don't feel lucky but it's weird talking about Michael with them. He's they're boss. I mean our boss.  

The tall brown-haired woman was gently pushing hangers from a rack of see-through button downs. She lifted a white one with small hearts printed all over it and gold plated at the edge of the collar.  

"Isn't this pretty?"

I nodded in agreement. "Would you like to try it on?"

"Nah. I'm just admiring my hard work." Her reply confused me. How could the blouse be her hard work? She moved around the racks and checked out all the mannequins. A few minutes later, she covered her eyes with black sunglasses.

"Thanks! See ya around!" she exclaimed before heading to the escalators. I watched her walked away from my section like a supermodel. I didn't really do anything for her but I appreciated her friendliness. I wished all the customers were that polite and pleasant.

Some of those shoppers really get in my nerves most of the time. I'm well aware of their right to choose what they wish to buy but it doesn't hurt to be considerate at times and polite at all times. One time, I made a mistake of getting the wrong dress size and the woman bitched out in the middle of the store and demanded for the manager.

Fortunately, Miss Bridgit had been nothing but understanding with the situation. She knew the customer was being shallow and unreasonable. It took me a lot of self-control not to yell at the woman. She was lucky I didn't raise myself to be rude and scandalous.

Thirty minutes before my shift ended, Ma'am Bridgit strolled to my section. I thought she was going to ask me to go to the stockroom or something but I was wrong.

"Mr. Madrid wants you in his office right after your shift." she informed me kindly.

"I wasn't late. In fact I was twenty minutes early. I didn't do anything wrong. I barely have a customer in my section. Why would he want me there?" I talked too fast, panic in my tone. "Did Carlos say if he was mad or something?"