Chapter Seven- Free Car Rides and Thumb Wrestlings

"Right behind you." she whispered cutting me off. I wanted to ask what she meant by that but her eyes were fixed to whoever was behind me. I turned my head and there he was looking fresh and handsome. In a sharp black suit and burgundy tie, Mr. Madrid stood tall with a serious expression on his face. Questions started popping inside my head. What could possibly a mall CEO do in the university canteen?

He got the entire room's attention. How could he not? He's in a suit in a canteen surrounded by students in T-shirt and jeans. That's something you don't see every day. I looked away thinking he didn't see me.

"Why is he here?" Kyla asked. "You don't think he's here bec-."

What? Because of me? That's impossible. "Probably 'coz of business." I remember him saying this morning that the university sends interns to his company.

My reason seemed to convince Kyla and we continued our lunch. I only bought crackers because I don't have the appetite to eat a proper meal. Besides, watching my best friend finished a full plate of rice, fried chicken and mixed vegetables repleted my stomach. She insisted on buying me lunch but I didn't really have the appetite. I feel really exhausted and in need of sleep. My two-hour snooze in Mr. Madrid's car wasn't enough. Ugh, thinking of my bed made me want to close my eyes and sleep.

"Miss Daniel." Mr. Madrid said. Shoot. Is he behind me? I swallowed when he walked right beside our table. I swallowed again, harder this time before standing up. I needed to raise my chin just to meet his eyes. The man was a giant.

"Madi. We're not at work so please call me Madi." I muttered before hearing Kyla clear her throat. "Um, Kyla this is my boss, Mr. Madrid. Mr. Madrid, this is my best friend, Kyla."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Domingo."

My eyes widened when Mr. Madrid used my friend's last name. "How did you know her-?" He interrupted me by leaning towards my ear.

"I plan to get to know you and everyone around you." he whispered. I stepped back. What did he mean by that? "Miss Domingo," he shifted his attention to Kyla. "I was hoping I could talk to your friend."

"About what?" I butted in but he ignored me waiting for Kyla's response.

"About what?" Kyla repeated.

"Something personal."

Kyla was silent for a while. She seemed to study Mr. Madrid before she spoke. "Sure but stay here in the canteen." Kyla said to him before looking at me. "I'll see you in class, bes."

"Wait. Ky-." I was interrupted by a hand on my shoulder. I turned to him as irritation started to grow on me. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"Can we sit?"

I forced a smile controlling myself from rolling my eyes. "Fine." We both sat and I noticed we caught the attention of several eyes. "So?"

"Lemme buy you some lunch."

"I just had lunch."

"You call crackers lunch? First, you tell me you don't eat breakfast then now you have crackers for lunch. Don't you eat a proper meal?"

"What does my diet have to do with you?"

"Starting from now, Miss Daniel. Everything about you has to do with me."

I gave him a confused look. I may be working for him but my personal life was none of his business especially my eating habits. I'm not picky with food but I've never been a big eater. I only eat when I'm hungry. I admit sometimes I forget to eat. I only have coffee for breakfast. Lunch was usually my only decent meal but today I don't have the appetite. I skipped dinner most of the time because I'd rather sleep than cook. Very bad eating habits. I know.