Chapter Nineteen- Deliveries and Pedestrian Lanes

"Get a grip, Madi!" I scowled at my reflection on the comfort room mirror. Two girls glanced at me. They probably think I was crazy for talking to myself. I ignored them and sprinkled some cold water on my face.

I was flustered with was going on with me. The closer I get to Michael, the more confused I get. Strange and foreign emotions were circling inside me. I felt like screaming or exploding.

Pull yourself together! I told myself one more time before finally heading to class.

Just after I got to my seat, my phone vibrated inside my pocket. I swallowed hard after seeing who texted. I felt excited and hesitant at the same time. With a deep breath, I opened the message.

I don't know why you ran off like that but I've thought of something to help you cool down. Hope it works. See you later, Angel. :)

All morning, I wondered what Michael's text was about. I lied about feeling hot when he dropped me to school earlier. He must've believed it so now he was planning something. Surprises were his thing so I was a little worried on what he was trying to do.

Although it was a really hot day. Even with all the air-condition, I was still sweating. Endless lectures and hot sunny day? Perfect combination for a siesta.

A knock on the door interrupted my professor's lecture. It was my last class for the day so I was trying my best to concentrate but I was glad for the distraction. We all were.

A man in a suit and tie appeared when one student opened the door. "Excuse me sir, I have a delivery for Miss Daniel."

What?

"What delivery?" Kyla whispered to me and I shrugged. What could possibly be delivered for me in the middle of a class?

"Make it quick, Miss Daniel." the professor said and I scrambled my way to the man waiting by the door.

When did delivery guys wear suits? The man handed me a small paper bag with a card which I quickly read.

This always reminds me of you. Enjoy it. -M.M.

He waved his hand to call some people behind him. Two other men in same black suit and tie came in the room each carrying huge box. They started giving all my classmates some sort of cold drink.

Everyone seemed to be delighted including the professor. The room seemed to have awoken from a peaceful sleep. Kyla eyed me and I shook my head. I had no idea what was going on.

Even the professor looked so alive as he took a sip of the drink. Is it possible that he was also bored with his lecture?

My eyes widened in shock when I got a good look of what the men handed everyone. I peeked in the bag and found something that brought back one insane day.

No way. This is crazy!

"Class dismissed."

*****

I ended up being heroine for the day. Savior from an hour and a half of torture. The professor dismissed the class early. Too early in my opinion but I'm not complaining. Nobody was.

In fact everyone was feeling grateful. To me. For the first time in forever.

I can't believe Michael sent thirty people a tall cup of Frappuccino from the fancy café. I'd have a mental breakdown doing the math of how much he could've spent for all that.

Yeah. It was a blessing in disguise. My classmates enjoyed it. My best friend enjoyed it. But it felt completely and insanely wrong.

Michael had the most expensive and craziest idea of staying cool. A sundae would've sufficed but Starbucks was way too much. Talk about prodigal. He's not going to hear the end of this from me.