Epilogue

Epilogue

"Mmm." I moaned as soft kisses trailed on my face waking me up from sleep. Stretching my body, I lazily opened my eyes. The sunlight streaming from the windows made me squint.

"Good morning." Hearing Michael's voice first thing in the morning was really soothing. "It's time to wake up, angel."

"Hi." I managed to say before he claimed my lips.

Gosh, I could wake up like this every day. I officially moved in with him the day after graduation. He took my words literally and just couldn't wait any longer.

We've been using his bedroom since it had a bigger bed. It took me a few days to unpack my things and get settled. Michael emptied half of his closet to give space to my clothes. My things in the guest room were also transferred to our bedroom.

We just finished redecorating the house last month. I liked the way it was but Michael insisted we put some colour in it. "Same way you put colour in my life." I remembered him coaxing me to go curtain shopping with him. We changed the cushions too and added some homey decorative pieces. He cleared one side of the wall in the living room and hang our photos including some from my graduation, one with his family and my friends.

Day by day his home became my home and I couldn't be any happier. I loved seeing him first thing when I wake up and last before I sleep. With him, there's always the sense of belonging and safety. With him I feel loved and complete.

Michael pulled his lips from mine and I groaned to protest. "No, I want more." I held him close to me again for another kiss. My fingers were tangled on his hair. I love his soft hair.

He pulled away from me again. "Baby, as much as I want us to stay in bed and just kiss all day, it's time to get up."

I pouted making Michael chuckle. "Happy birthday." he whispered close to my ear before planting a soft kiss on my temple.

I sat up and smiled at him. "Thank you." I couldn't help but embrace him. What did I do to deserve him? I must've done something right in my past life to be this blessed. I was finally in that place where I can say I'm happy. For the first time in my life, there was a reason to celebrate my birthday.

"Breakfast is ready. I'll meet you downstairs."

"Yes, sir." I made a salute. "Will be down in a minute." I got another kiss on the forehead before he finally stepped out of the room.

I made my way to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. When I finished, I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I was wearing a matching pyjamas. My eyes looked bigger without the dark circles under it. Sleep agrees with me. My hair was longer now. Michael requested for me not to cut it short. He said he misses my long hair. I smiled remembering how he begged me not to cut it short.

Somehow, I feel like a different person. Not only on the outside but also in the inside. It's still me but a better version. At least, I aim to be.

As I climbed down the stairs, a fragrant scent filled my nostrils. The house always smelled good but not this good. White flowers of different kinds and arrangement filled my eyes when I came down to the living room. A single white rose in a glass vase caught my attention. I picked up the flower to smell it before I read the small note tied on it with a ribbon.

Happy birthday, Angel.
-M.M.

Michael cleared his throat behind me. I twirled to see him looking at me intensely.