Chapter Twenty-Nine- Midnight Lovers and Shy Fangirls

Long chapter ahead. Happy reading!

Chapter Twenty-Nine- Midnight Lovers and Shy Fangirls

Where did he go? Was I imagining things? No, it can't be. He felt so real. He was here.

My eyes wandered through the crowd hoping to find him. He wasn't there. He was climbing up the stage. What is he doing? My heartbeat accelerated ten times than normal. Now he was inches away from me.

"What are you waiting f-." I didn't even get to finish the last word as Michael crushed his lips with mine. It all happened so fast. My hands fell into my sides and the last thing I was aware of was the sound of the microphone bouncing off the stage. Hunger and heat took over my body. I didn't care that we were kissing in front of more than fifty people. It was public display of affection at its finest.

I kissed him back with longing and passion. God, how I love this man. Suddenly, everything just made sense. All those walls I've built to protect myself were broken down by this insanely amazing man.

"I love you." I panted. "I'm so sorry I hang up. I should've ju-." Another kiss cut me off.

"I love you too, Madeleine Daniel. Come with me?" he held up a hand for me to take. I nodded. Kyla was standing on the side with Rico. Amusement was etched on her face while Rico wore a poker face. I waved at them goodbye. Only Kyla waved back giggling ang jumping.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Michael pulled me outside of the music bar to his car.

"It's a surprise."

The surprise turned out to be a night picnic in our park. He had it all planned out. Light snacks, crisp wine and a picnic mat. The night was perfect. Or should I say midnight? Still, bright stars filled the sky and the moon was in a perfect crescent.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as we strolled around with locked hands. "You're supposed to be back in five days."

"Don't you want me here?"

"Michael,"

"Okay, okay. Stop squinting those adorable eyes at me." His words only made me squint some more. "You're too adorable for your own good." He kissed the tip of my nose before giving me a quick smack on the lips.

"So?"

"I'm only here for the night." That was depressing. "I still have a few things to take care of and a conference to attend to. I need to be back there by tomorrow morning. I just came back because I missed you. I wanted to apologize fo-." It was my time to silence him with a kiss.

"No apologies needed." I whispered trying to take in what he just did. Flying from Tokyo for a night just to see me. "You are insane."

"Insanely in love with you."

*****

Michael brought me to his home and we spent the rest of the night on his gigantic couch. For hours, it's been playing in my head to tell Michael everything. He had the right to know. If we're going to do this, I want it right. I was ready to open up, to let him in. There was a part of me who is afraid that I might lose him if I spill my deepest secrets.

I guessed it's what love did to me. I had a new perspective in this situation. If he stayed even with my past then I'm lucky. If he chose to leave then I'd accept it. I don't want to be a baggage to a someone I love.

"Do you wanna hear a story?" I asked. We were both lying on his couch. He was lying on his back while half of my body was on top of him. He had his arms wrapped around me making me feel safe and warm.