Chapter Thirteen- Broken Glasses and Meatball Spaghettis

Kyla squeaked like a three-year old after I showed her the iPhone Mr. Madrid loaned me. I had to cover my ears as she babbled a dozen of questions in a high-pitched voice. We spent the next minutes learning about the phone. Hers was an older model but there was no much difference. I refused to join dinner since I have homework due tomorrow and I haven't even started. I have been distracted lately. It bothers me to be a rushing a school work. Besides I don't want the others interrogating me about my dinner with Mr. Madrid. I'll leave Kyla to handle the questions for me. I don't feel like sharing how terrible that night was.

"I can't believe he bought you an iPhone." she said like ten times.

"He just lent the phone to me." I corrected for the tenth time.

"Yeah sure. Keep telling yourself that, Madi." she countered.

The next morning I woke up with a terrible headache. I took a paracetamol after bath. I prayed that my migraine would be gone soon. I took another after my second class hoping I'll make it to Lumiere and Harlow.

Kyla noticed how pale I was but I told her I was fine. It was just a headache. It happens all the time. It must be my nearsightedness. I haven't been wearing my eyeglasses for the past few days. I slept with it on and when I woke up, it was already broken. I tried fixing it because I can't afford a new one. Although I only wore it when I'm making notes and reading. This was probably the cause of my migraine.

I was hanging back the dresses a group of teenagers tried on when I felt warm all of a sudden. Is there something wrong with the ventilation? My eyes were heavy and I started to ache everywhere. I squared my shoulders making my body feel weaker. I pressed the back of my hand to my forehead. Oh no. This was more than just a headache. I can't be sick.

"Miss Daniel." Mr. Madrid spoke from behind me.

Without looking at him, I waved him off. "Not now, Mr. Madrid. I'm not in the mood." My voice was almost a whisper. My legs bent down when I attempted to walk away. I dropped the clothing I was holding. Oh no. I'm going to fall.

"Whoa!" Mr. Madrid caught me in his arms supporting my weight. "You're burning." he stated as he touched my warm skin. I tried to stand back with my own feet.

"I'm fine. Get off me." I swat his hands away.

"No. You're not fine. I'm bringing you to the clinic."

"No, I-." My body felt weaker and I was about to faint.

When I opened my eyes again, I heard gasps and Miss Bridgit's voice asking what happened. Mr. Madrid told her he's bringing me to the clinic. He was carrying me in his arms like I was a baby. My head was leaning on his chest. It felt weird but I was too weak to protest so I shut my eyes with Mr. Madrid's worried expression in my memory.

The creaking of the door woke me up. I sat up in a jolt with the unfamiliar place. Where am I?

"You're in the clinic, Angel." Mr. Madrid answered on the side.

Oh. I was actually asking myself.

"Don't wanna be kissed?" he teased and I was confused.

"Shit. Did I say that out loud again?" He pressed his lips together and nodded. "Ugh! Shut up mouth!" I hit my mouth lightly.

"You look adorable. How are you feeling?"

"Am I dying?"

"No you're not. You're over fatigue. When was the last time you ate?"