Chapter 40

"JUNGKOOK!!!" Tae shouted as he watched Jungkook fall hard on the ground as a man hit his head with a metal rod.. He tried to approach him but someone tripped him and his body was immediately restrained by 7-8 men.. his cheek was pressed hard on the floor as a boot stamped on his face..

"Let go of me!!!" He struggled to free himself as he saw Jungkook crawling on the ground holding his head.. He was having it hard to balance himself.. Blood trickled down his head..

"Jungkook!!!" Tae called worried..

Jungkook looked at his direction with hooded eyes.. "Tae!!!" He whispered huffing.."I'm sorry"..

A man in black walked towards Jungkook holding a gun in his hand..

"Nooo!!! Don't!! Please I beg of you!!! Don't shoot.." Tae cried desperately..

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim..But this is what your mother wants.. She ordered me to kill him.. I have nothing against you. But at the same time I can't disobey her even if you beg." He said coldly..

Tae was devastated.. He wanted to yell at the man that she is not his mother.. That woman is dead for him.. It disgusts him to be called her son.. But right now he was too scared to say anything.. The fear of losing Jungkook was eating him alive.. no word came out of his mouth.. He felt so weak so miserable.. Jungkook was at a gun point. His only fault was that he loved Taehyung..

"Why?? Why is this happening to us? Why did we have to meet and fall in love ?? God!! Please let him live.. Give me one chance to reverse everything.. I'll stay away from him..I promise!! just let him be alive..please"

"It's all my fault for falling in love with him.. kill me in his stead..Just let him go.." Tae cried miserably but his words got ignored by everyone present there..

Bang!!

Tae shut his eyes tight in fear.. He didn't want to open his eyes.. He didn't want to see Jungkook dead.. He wanted to wake up as soon as possible from the worst nightmare of his life..

"Ahhh..Damn!! Who's there??" Tae heard the man with gun cry in pain.. He slowly opened his eyes to find Jungkook somehow alive and the man was bleeding from his right arm.. His gun was lying far on the floor..

"Namjoon!!! Yoongi!!" Tae exclaimed..A glint of hope in his eyes seeing all his gang members..

"At your service leadernim..sorry for the delay" Namjoon remarked as Tae let out a small chuckle.. "Nah.. just on time.. thanks guyss" he said with teary eyes.

And the fight begins.. Tae quickly got rid of the men holding him with the help of Namjoon and Yoongi..He rushed towards Jungkook who was still struggling to stand up..

"Kook!!! You alright??" He asked while helping him up..

"Tae!! I'm feeling dizzy.." Jungkook said..

"Tae, take Jungkook away from here!! We'll manage here" Yoongi said as he twisted someone's arm breaking it in the process..

Tae nodded before leaving the place with Jungkook..

"Kook.. Are you doing alright? Let me give you a piggyback ride" Tae said..

"No Tae!! That's embarrassing.. Also it's just a little more to go.. I can..ugh.. manage.." He replied smiling weakly..

They kept walking while Tae supported Kook..

"Tae!!"

"Hmm??"

"After everything goes back to normal..umm.."

"Go on"

"Would you like to mm.. you know like...marry me perhaps??"

Tae's eyes widened as he looked at Jungkook with curiosity..

"Wh..what did you say?? Can you repeat that?" Tae asked

"Ughh.. forget I said anything " Jungkook blushed..

"No ways.. how could I forget about that? I can't believe you proposed to me in a situation like this" he giggled "But"

"But?" Jungkook looked up at him.

"Yes kookie!!! I would love to get married to you.." He grinned happily making Jungkook smile too..

--------------------------------------------------------
"Nooo!!! it's not my fault.. Yugi died because of Jungkook.. and now.. Hoseok hyung..he wouldn't be at the state he is now if it's not for Jungkook..Yes..it's all his fault.." Jackson tried to reason with his inner self..

"This is your fault.. I'll not let you live!! No ways..not after killing my brother and my hyung!! You'll pay for this Jungkook!!Just wait for me!!" Jackson whispered as he watched Taekook running..

He sped up his car towards Jungkook and Taehyung.. Jungkook's eyes widened as he looked behind..

"NOO!!! TAE WATCH OUT!!!" He shoved Tae away from himself before getting hit by the car..

Tae couldn't believe his own eyes.. He found Jackson unconscious in the car with his head on the steering wheel and Jungkook lying on the ground in front of the car...

"KOOK!!!" Tae screamed as he rushed towards Jungkook.. He was in a semi conscious state about to pass out.. Tae hugged his body "You can't leave me kookie.. please stay with me.."

"Tae!!" He heard a very faint voice coming from Jungkook.. Jungkook weakly reached out to cup his face with his blood drenched palm.. Tae quickly grabbed his hand on his cheek..

"Don't worry.. just hang in there..You'll be alright" Tae said with tears in his eyes..

"Yeah.. I know.. I need to live.. to get.. *coughs blood*.. married to you.." He smiled weakly..

"Ssshhh.. don't talk much.." Tae said as his voice cracked..

"But if I die today.." Tae immediately placed his palm on his mouth.. "Don't say that idiot!!!. you can't leave me like that.."

Jungkook removed his palm from his mouth and smiled "Mhmm.."

"I love you Tae.. a lot.. probably more than I loved Yugyeom..I'm just glad that I managed to protect my love this time.." He smiled as tears started flowing from his eyes..

"I love you too Kook!! I love you too..And I will protect you too..I won't let you die.."

----------------------------------------------------------

(In hospital)

O.T. No.1 - indicator goes off and a few minutes later doctors came out..

"Doctor! How is he??" Seokjin asked concerned..

"We took the bullet out successfully.. Mr. Jung is out of danger now..He should wake up soon. You can see him after that.." the doctor smiles reassuringly before leaving..

Seokjin huffed and dropped himself in a seat beside Tae.. "Hoseok is fine" He almost whispered but there was no response from Tae.. "And Jungkook will be fine too.. Don't worry "

Yoongi slowly approached Tae with a bottle of water. "Tae!! Have this atleast."

Tae didn't move at all.. his eyes fixed on the door with O.T.No.2 written on it..

"Tae!! You are heavily injured.. please get treated"

"I'm fine.. Don't worry about me.." Tae said in a small voice..

Yoongi sighed in defeat..

"Just let him be alright.. please!!! God!! Listen to me this one time.. I won't ask for anything else.. just let him live.."

Tae was too deep in his thoughts when the light went off making him more anxious than he already was.. His heart was beating like crazy..

Tae rushed to the door seeing the doctor coming out of the room.. Jin followed him after as tensed..

"Doctor!! How is he? Is he going to be alright?" He asked not sure if he was ready to hear the answer..

"Well, the operation was successful.. But we can't say anything until he regains consciousness.. Let's just hope for the best" He patted Tae's shoulder before leaving..

Tae leaned to the wall to support himself as he broke down in tears..