39 | A distraction

It was dark

It was dark.

We were camping.

Just me and my mom in the middle of nowhere.Surrounded by trees and bushes.

Suddenly I see a man walking towards us.He seemed familiar."Mom who is that?" I ask, panicked. The man was walking fast.

"Uncle Chad!" She said.She grabbed a knife that suddenly appeared on the grass and I grabbed a fork sitting in a blanket.

Those weren't protections.

Uncle Chad – I thought he died.He died.

He didn't say a word and neither did we. He came in the middle of us both and that's when I noticed he had a gun in his hand.He was facing my mom.

Should I try and stab him on the back with a fork?

Should I try and grab the gun out of his hands?

He was moving his fingers telling my mom she is not the one to get shot.He turned towards me.He aimed the gun at my face.

This is it.

Death.

Some instincts kicked in and I grabbed the gun out of his hands and aimed it at him instead.I tried to shot but it wouldn't go.

I looked at him and he smirked pointing another gun at me, there was no escape this time.

"No!!" I woke up from my dream yelling.It all looked so real."Amore are you okay?" Tyler woke up because of me.

I couldn't catch my breath.

My hands were shaking.

I couldn't control it.

It was happening again.

"Shhhhh...it was just a dream.Breath with me,okay?" He stood up to face me and held my hands in his.His voice was calm.

"Inhale – and – exhale."

"Inhale – and – exhale." I tried to keep up.I kept my eyes closed.

"Focus on my voice. Inhale – and – exhale."

"Inhale – and – exhale." It was working.
I opened my eyes and tears started running down my cheek.Tyler pulled me close to his chest and hugged me.

"It's okay! You are safe now.You are okay." Tyler comforted me with words.

I wiped my tears away and take a few deep breaths.Tyler got me a glass of water and I drank it all."Do you want to talk about it?"