Special Invitation From Shiraishi

Reyna's POV

We had finally got back home from that horrible cruise. Ryoma and I walked back to the house and was about to head to our rooms when Nanjiroh called us. "Reyna? Ryoma? Come here for a second," Oyaji said.

We both groaned, but did as we were told. "What is it, Oyaji?" I asked.

"You two have a letter," he replied back and gave me the letter that he was holding. I opened it and read what was written on it. It said:

Mr and Miss Echizen,

You are both invited to the U-17 Camp with other tennis competitors. We will look forward of seeing you and your team mates at the camp.

Yours Sincerely,

Saito.

"Well this is interesting. What do you think, chibisuke?" I asked Ryoma as I passed the letter to him so that he could read it.

"I wouldn't mind going," he replied back.

I smiled and placed my arm around his shoulders. "Good! This is gonna be fun and interesting," I replied back.

"So, are you kids going then?" Oyaji asked with his arms crossed over his chest.

I smiled at him and nodded. "Of course we are! Why wouldn't we, Oyaji?"

He smiled back. "Well good luck because you are gonna need it!" He walked outside and went to the temple.

I shook my head in amusement and turned towards my mother, who was in the kitchen making dinner. Ryoma's favourite. "Do you need any help?"

Okasan turned to me with a soft smile and shook her head. "I'm fine dear. Nanako-chan is helping," she said and I glanced at my cousin, who was living with us since she is studying in college.

I smiled at her and felt my phone ringing. I frowned when I looked at the caller ID which I didn't recognise. I excused myself and answered my phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, Reyna!" The other person said on the other end of the phone. My eyes widened as I knew that voice.

"Shiraishi?!"

"Hai?" He replied back.

"How did you get my number?" I asked in confusion.

Shiraishi chuckled. "Tezuka gave me your number, thought I would give you a call asking what you're up to?"

I smiled a little. "I haven't been doing much except for tennis practice, but that's about it really. How come?"

Shiraishi hesitated for a moment before asking me the question that I was surprised with. "The reason I'm calling is...ahem!"

I giggled. "Whatever you have to say Shiraishi, just spit it out!"

"Wouldyouliketogoonadatewithme?" he said in a rush that I didn't catch.

"Okay can you repeat that and ask me slowly, please? I didn't quite catch that." I said as I was straining my ears to hear him better.

Shiraishi sighed and asked me again slowly. "Would you like to go on a date with me?"

"Wow! I would never thought the Captain of Shitenhouji would ask me out on a date!" I giggled again.

"Hey! Don't be mean! I'm trying here and I like you so I made an effort of asking a cute girl out on a date!" Shiraishi replied back.

I stopped and widened my eyes. "You...like me? And you think I'm cute?"

"Hai, I do! So, will you?" He asked nervously. I practically squealed in excitement. I felt sorry for Shiraishi as I knew that he would take his phone away from his ear. "Are you alright?" He asked.

I stopped squealing like an idiot and smiled widely. "Of course, I'll go out on a date with you!"

Shiraishi chuckled. "Great! Would tomorrow be good for you after practice?"

"Hai! That sounds good with me," I replied back.

"Okay, cool. I'll pick you up from practice tomorrow at 6pm?" He asked and I nodded, but I shook my head as he couldn't see me.

"Okay! Look forward to it."

"Good, then I will see you tomorrow. Good night Reyna!" He said and I smiled.

"Good night Shiraishi-kun!" We both hung up and I practically jumped with joy. I stopped when I heard a knock at my door. "Come in!"

The door opened, revealing Ryoma with his arms crossed over his chest. "Who were you talking to on the phone?"

I rolled my eyes. "No-one for you to worry about, chibisuke!" I said.

"Che....I was just asking who you were talking to," he replied back.

I smiled at him. "I have something to do after practice tomorrow, so you don't have to wait for me to walk home."

"Why?"

"I have a date!"

"With who?"

"That's for me to know and for you to... dot dot dot," I smiled at my brother as he huffed and walked away as he headed towards his room. I went for a shower and did my normal routine before I went to bed. I was changed into my pjs and laid in bed, but sleep wouldn't take over as I was getting far too excited for my date with Shiraishi tomorrow. I stared at the ceiling and was deep in thought. My conscience interrupted my train of thought.

Are you that excited for your date tomorrow?

Of course I am, who wouldn't? I asked back.

Well for one, you hadn't really been in a actual stable relationship before.

True, but I think Shiraishi is different from the other guys that I had dated in the past. He won't be like any of those pricks who've hurt me. I explained.

Let's hope not because you had been hurt, god knows how many times. Ryoga made that clear when he had protected you from those boys before.

I sighed as I remembered on what happened to Ryoga and my ex boyfriends. He protected me and took a beating from each one of them, but in the end he won every fight and told me not to date any guys like them again.

What should I do?

That's your decision. If this Shiraishi kid is good for you, then go for it. Just don't break the promise you made with Ryoga though. My conscience asked and I nodded.

I yawned and felt my eyes grow heavy. I turned on my right side and closed my eyes, letting myself get consumed by darkness and let the dreams take over.

A/N: That is chapter 9. will do chapter 10 tomorrow and update soon. I am going to crash out now. Night folks.