The Dream

Reyna's POV

I was dreaming about my past relationships with my previous boyfriends. I was such an idiot when I was getting beaten up by those losers. I was relieved, but yet worried about Ryoga who was protecting me as the boy in front of me grabbed me by the hair against a wall. I was scared, but still put up a fight as I couldn't let my guard down. I grabbed his hand that had a good hold of my hair. "Let me go!" I exclaimed in english as I thrashed around.

The boy laughed. "Why should I? Are you scared of what I might do to you? Your brother isn't here so if I were you, I would stop squirming around and be a good girl of obeying me," he replied back.

"If you think for one second that I would obey you, you're wrong! So make me, Byron!" I replied back as I gave him a death glare.

Byron's smile faultered and was serious. "Oh, I will make you, believe me." He slapped me across the face and I fell to the ground, holding my cheek as I refused to let my tears to leak out.

He grabbed me by the neck as I was struggling for air. Byron was about to hit me again as I closed my eyes, waiting for an impact, but when I didn't feel anything, I noticed that he wasn't on me anymore and I was on my knees. "Don't ever lay a hand on my sister, Byron! I will end you myself if you hurt or go near her again!" Someone said who stood in front of me as he faced Byron.

I looked up and noticed my twin brother standing there. "Ryoga!" I said in surprise.

Ryoga turned towards me. "Are you alright, Reyna-chi?" He asked in english concern.

I nodded my head and stood up. "I'm fine, just a bit shaken up," I replied back in japanese.

"Did he hurt you?" he asked.

I nodded and sighed. "He slapped me a couple of times and almost strangled me," I looked down as I replied back to him. When I looked back up to see him, he had an angry look on his face.

"I'm gonna kill him!" replied Ryoga as he walked up to Byron, who had been standing in front of us.

I ran up to Ryoga and stopped him. "No! Please! I don't want you to get hurt, Ryoga! Let's just go home and forget about this," I said as I stood in front of my brother with pleading eyes. Ryoga stared at Byron for a few minutes and then back to me as he sighed and nodded.

"Fine, let's go."

We were about to leave, when we both stopped suddenly. "Is that it? That's all you've got kid?!" Byron questioned as he was about to run up to us and attack Ryoga, but Ryoga was quicker as he grabbed his racquet and slammed a tennis ball at Byron's face that hit him straight on and knocked him back on the ground.

Ryoga walked up to Byron with his racquet still in his hand and pointed at Byron with it. "If I ever see your pathetic face again, you're dead pal."

He turned around and we both walked away. We both walked back home in silence, which was awkward. I couldn't let myself have the courage to break it as we had returned home. We both walked in the door and I was heading towards the stairs with Ryoga right behind me as we headed to our rooms. Ryoga broke the silence then. "Reyna?"

I turned to face him, giving him my full attention. "Hai?"

He walked up to me and pulled my into a hug. "Promise me that you will never date anymore scumbags like Byron. I can't bare to see you hurt again," he asked as I wrapped my arms around his waist and placed my head on his chest.

"I promise, Nii-chan," I replied back and we stood there for a good ten minutes before we let each other go. I looked up at him and smiled as he gave one in return. "I'm gonna go and get cleaned up before dinner's ready."

Ryoga nodded. "Alright, but just so you know...I'm your brother and I'm here for you, no matter what."

I smiled at him and left the room to get cleaned up.

I woke up as I jolted up with heavy breathing and had sweat all over me. Once I had calmed down a bit, I laid back down and glanced at the clock on my bedside table. It read 3:07AM and I sighed as I stared up at the ceiling. I was scared of Byron when we had lived in America and I had thought that he was a nice guy, but apparently he wasn't and I blamed myself for going out with a twisted guy that I liked. I closed my eyes again to try and get back to sleep, but sleep wouldn't take over and so I gave up and got out of my bed whilst leaving my room to grab a drink of water. I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen as I grabbed a glass and filled it up with water. I had trouble of sleeping and it was really bothering me. I took a gulp and sat at the table, staring at nothing in the dark room. I didn't hear anyone enter the kitchen, but I got a fright when they said something. "What are you doing up at this time of night?"

I jumped and turned to the person who owned that voice and sighed in relief when it was just Nanjiroh. "Jeez! Oyaji, don't scare me like that! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I scowled at my dad.

He chuckled and sat across from me. "Can't sleep, o'chibi?"

"Had a nightmare and couldn't get back to sleep," I replied back.

"Wanna talk about the nightmare?" Oyaji asked.

I shook my head. "Nah, it's alright. I'll survive."

"Okay, well I'm going back to bed. Night O'chibi!"

"Night, Oyaji!" I replied back and sighed as I got back up and went back to bed for another couple of hours before I had to get ready for school.

A/N: That's chapter 10. what did you guys think? will update for chapter 11 later on tonight.