The First Meeting

Reyna's POV

We had arrived at my house as we stopped by the gate. Shiraishi and I stayed silent for a few minutes until he broke the silence. "Are you alright, Reyna?"

I smiled at him as I glanced down at our joined hands, fingers intertwined as I replied back. "I'm fine, just a bit worried of what my family would think about you for dating me. I don't know about my twin brother and father would think as you will probably get a lecture from them," I glanced back up at him and see him smiling nervously.

"What about your mother and Echizen?" He asked.

"Well my mother would be happy for both of us and Ryoma wouldn't really care about who I go out with," I shrugged my shoulders.

He was about to respond when we heard the front door open and came face-to-face with Ryoga and Oyaji. "Oh boy!" I murmured.

"Reyna-chi! You're back, we were worried about you!" Ryoga exclaimed as he marched up to us with dad walking up from behind.

"I'm fine, Ryoga. I wasn't alone," I replied back.

"I can see that," he raised his eyebrow at me and turned to Shiraishi.

I sighed and introduced them. "Ryoga, Oyaji, this is Kuranosuke Shiraishi. Shiraishi meet my dad, Nanjiroh and my twin brother Ryoga."

Shiraishi smiled and extended his hand for a handshake to them. "It's a pleasure to meet you both. I'm Kuranosuke Shiraishi."

My dad and brother shook his hand and nodded to him. "Likewise. Why don't both of you come on in and have some dinner with us and get to know each other a bit?" Oyaji offered.

I turned to Shiraishi and see what he thought as he glanced down at me with wide eyes. I don't know what to do! He told me. I smiled at him and turned back to Ryoga and Oyaji. "I think it's a bit late and Shiraishi has to get back home since he lives a bit far away," I said and Shiraishi sighed in relief.

"Oh that's too bad, maybe another time during the weekend or something?"

We both smiled at them and nodded. Shiraishi bid them farewell and turned to me. "I'll call you when I arrive home safely," he said and kissed my cheek. "Good night, Reyna!"

"Okay! Good night, Shiraishi!" I replied back and watched him leave until he was out of sight. I turned and glanced at Oyaji and Ryoga who both had the signature smirks on their faces. "What?" I asked innocently.

"He seems like a nice guy, bit shy though I must say," Ryoga said and Oyaji nodded in agreement.

"I kinda like him a bit. The way he kissed your cheek good night and saying that he will call you when he gets home safely, that's what a gentleman should do to his girlfriend everytime!" Oyaji exclaimed.

"Okay, I'm gonna go to bed!" I said and ran into the house and said good night to everyone before I went to the guest room as I had started to share a room with Nanako as Ryoga and Ryoma shared the other bedroom. I got ready for bed and laid down on my futon and stared at the ceiling, thinking about the confrontation of dad and Ryoga with Shiraishi. I hope we didn't scare him off! I thought to myself.

You didn't scare him off! Plus, he wouldn't leave you that fast since it was the first meeting with Oyaji and Ryoga. Yeah, Ryoma, Okasan and Nanako weren't present, but they would be really fond of Shiraishi once they get to know him more and he cares for you. My conscience replied back.

I know, but I don't want to lose him like the other dickheads I've dated. I sighed.

Just remember what those dickheads had done to you in the past. They were nothing, but Shiraishi could be something to you. He's kind, funny, loving, he even thinks about others before himself. Isn't that something? My conscience asked back.