Team America

Reyna's POV

The next morning, we were called to the courts for practice. I was practicing with Tokugawa for training as the others played some games and others were watching us. We kept on training until one of the coaches had turned up and put our training on hold for a bit. "I have a special announcement to make. 14 members of the U-17 will be the Japan team for tournaments and championships. I will read out the names of these 14 young members and you will be playing for Japan," he said. I was frowning as Ryoga had tapped both of mine and chibisuke's shoulders and said to follow him. We did as we were a bit confused of why he decided to speak with us.

"What's wrong?" I asked and Ryoga faced us.

"I'm going back to America and I would like the both of you to come back with me to play tennis, but playing for America," he replied back.

"EEHHHH?" Both Ryoma and I exclaimed.

"Why are you telling us about this now? Why didn't you tell us sooner?" I said.

"Because I knew that the coaches were gonna read out the names for the Japan team and both of your names are on it. However, there will be too many members for the team. So I thought it would be a good idea for the three of us to play for America like Oyaji did. We are all prodigies so it would be a good idea to be on different teams than these guys. You want proper games against them, right?" He asked as he turned from me to Ryoma and then back to me again.

Ryoma glanced at me and shrugged. "He has a good point, why don't we?" He asked.

I was thinking about it and nodded in agreement. "Alright, we'll do it! But we need to get out of this camp before we go to America, but we'll also need to find out who will be playing for Japan so let's go back to the others and find out who we are up against. We know that Tezuka is playing for Germany since he's gone now from camp," I replied back and we headed back to the others.

"Echizen!" We heard Oishi call for us. We went up to him and the others. "You missed the listings for who's gonna be playing for Japan," he said and I asked him.

"Who's on the team?"

"Atobe, Yukimura, Shiraishi, Sanada, Akutsu, Kintaro, Bunta, Fuji, Niou, Gin, Me, Kite, Akaya, and Echizen," he replied back.

"Which Echizen?" I asked.

"O'chibi!" Eiji exclaimed and jumped on Ryoma.

"Eiji-Senpai! Get off!" He groaned back.

I turned to Oishi. "Ryoma's in the Japan team?" I asked.

Oishi nodded. "Hai! The coach was unsure who to pick between you and Echizen, it was a close call," he replied back.

I turned to Ryoga and he nodded. "Where's Shiraishi? I need to talk to him," I asked as Oishi frowned a little.

"He's over there with Fuji and Yukimura. Is everything alright? You look a bit down," he asked in concern.

I smiled and shook my head. "I'm fine, I'll talk to you later on." I went up to Shiraishi and asked the boys. "Ohayou minna, mind if I borrow Shiraishi for a couple of minutes?"

"Sure!" They both said and I grabbed Shiraishi's hand and took him somewhere private.

"Are you okay?" Shiraishi asked me with concern and confusion.

"I'm fine I just need to talk to you about something," I replied back and took a deep breath.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I'm going to America with my brothers to play for the American team and we'll be leaving this camp soon," I told him and I noticed that my voice was a bit strained because I knew that I didn't want to hurt my boyfriend, who was standing in front of me with a look of shock and disbelief.

"Wait, what? Why?" He asked.

"Because there's nothing for us here. I know that I didn't get into the Japan team, but it'll be a good opportunity for us to go back to America and we can have proper games with each other," I replied back.

Shiraishi desperately grabbed my cheeks in his hands and started to try to change my mind. "Reyna, don't go. What about your family, friends, and me?"

I looked down as I knew that he was gonna say that to me. "I'll still come and visit you guys even though we will be rivals like we always are and have been. Nothing's gonna change that. And with us? We will always be together. Nothing or no one will come between us because we love each other, right?"

Shiraishi hugged me as he saw my tear streaked face. "Of course we'll always be together. I love you and there is no any girl that I would want to spend my life other than you. I'll support you on the decision that you make," he replied back.

I smiled up at him. "Arigatou. I love you and I'll do the same for you too," I replied and gave him a long loving kiss to seal our promise. It was not long until we eard the guys groan and whistled at us.

"Come on love birds! We better get going," Ryoga said.

I nodded and Shiraishi grabbed my hand and we walked to the others. The guys looked so confused as everyone was there. I was even more confused, but I guessed that Ryoga had gathered everyone to tell them what we were going to do. "What's all of this about?" Yukimura asked.

"Reyna, chibisuke and I have decided to leave camp and go to America to play for the American team. And we'll be leaving tonight, but flying out tomorrow," He said and the guys exclaimed all at once.

"EHHHH?!"

"Why?" Atobe asked next.

"O'chibi!!!!" Eiji exclaimed with disbelief.

"Because we knew that one of us would be in for the Japan team, but it would be best for us to stay together and have other opportunities. Like Tezuka went to Germany to follow his dream, you guys have yours for Japan and we have ours for America. We are all friends and rivals and it'll stay that way, and we'll meet up with each other at some point. Nothing's gonna change that, right?" I said back and smiled.

"She has a point. We can still stay in contact with them and Tezuka as well," Fuji agreed.

"We'll have to respect their decision like we had with Tezuka. I'll support them," Shiraishi said as he wrapped his arm around my waist and hugged me from behind.

I love these guys with all my heart. We had came to train together to hanging out and having a laugh. That's what true friendship is.

A/N: Hey guys, this chapter was a bit confusing before I had posted it up so I had edited the chapters and it looks better. Would like to see your reviews and figure out how you guys like this story.