10. Reconnecting Part 1

Seb rested his forehead on Alyssa's. They both closed their eyes. All they could hear was the other one breathing. Seb slowly opened his eyes. He was intoxicated by the sweet citrus smell of her perfume.

"Alyssa," he whispered.

"Sebastian," she whispered back. She opened her eyes. They stared at each other, their eyes just centimetres apart.

Seb pulled back slightly, his hands stil cupping her cheeks.

"So beautiful," he murmured. He couldn't stop himself. He leant in. He could feel her breath on his face. He needed to taste her.

Alyssa's heart rate rocketed. She'd never felt so aware of a man in her life. He leant in. Was he going to kiss her? He smelt divine, she couldn't place the scent. She felt his breath. Her lips parted instinctively. 

"Alyssa, it's getting busier out here, more bloody students. You're going to have to come and help," Steve shouted from outside the door. She pulled away from Sebastian. She jumped up, the bag of peas falling onto the floor.

"I have to go!" She rushed across the room as fast as her injured knee could carry her. Seb jumped up and chased after her. He put his hand on the door stopping her from opening it.

"Alyssa. Please, spend the day with me tomorrow."

She turned and looked at him. "Just you?"

"Your call."

She fell silent, he could see she was at odds with herself.

"Ok, just you. I'm sorry, I'm not ready to see Joel just yet."

"Thank you Alyssa. I'll meet you outside yours at 11 yes?"

"Ok. I really have to get back to work."

"I'll see you tomorrow."  He slipped a business card into her hand with his number on. 

He stepped back and she disappeared through the door.

What the actual fuck Sebastian? he thought to himself. He'd been so close to kissing her. He'd wanted to feel her lips on his so much. Her colleague had saved him from making a big mistake. Because it would have been a mistake. She was basically a sister to him. Even though he and Sienna had divorced she was still that little girl he'd known. And she had issues! She'd been through so much. She didn't deserve to be led on and messed around. And he couldn't offer her anything serious.

He went back out to the bar and slipped back into his seat. Joel looked at him questioningly.

"How did it go?"

"She's angry Joel. She's hurt. She's not ready to talk to you yet. But she said yet. She just needs time to think and process things."

A look of sadness crossed Joel's face. He'd thought this might happen.

"What about Sienna? Will she see her? Sienna's done no wrong. Did you tell her about Grandad?"

"I told her. She didn't say anything about seeing Sienna. I guess that's something I need to talk to her about."

Joel drained the rest of his Coke.

"She's agreed to meet up with me tomorrow Joel. She always looked up to me when she was a kid. I'll try to talk her around. I'm sorry, I really tried."

"That's ok. I expected it. I just want her to see Sienna, even if she won't see me."

"I'm picking her up tomorrow morning. You'll be ok amusing yourself for the day?"